Best equipment possible

I am getting really far with my current survivor, and before I start exploring mines and stuff, I want to really optimize my clothing/armour. I do know that the best armour can vary according to my situation, you can tell me about the high end gear you usually wear, too.

I have the highest skills in all neccessary skills and virtually infinite kevlar plates.
I also have some power amor and many batteries, but I am hesitant to use it. I also have plenty of bionics and power-generating bionics, but I don’t have the bionic which allows to use bionic power for a ups, yet.

So what is the way to go?

I recently upgraded to a full set of light survivor gear (heavy helmet) and have been enjoying the results. It isn’t the highest protection gear, even compared to other 0 encumber acne gear, but the 10 environment protection means I can run through anything I feel like without concern and the armor is strong enough to deal with most Zombies, animals, etc. Don’t try running up to a turret in it or anything, but otherwise I think it is quite sufficient and a great general purpose outfit. Also it nets me just over 100 storage without encumbrance. I do have a point on mouth and eyes, but those are both very minor hinderences.

Forget survivor gear. It’s absolute dogshite compared to power armour. Just go power armour. Even if you run a stealth character… go power armour.

Heavy survivor armor FTW.

Especially after your melee skills are high enough that it doesn’t matter that you have 8 torso encumbrance.

Especially after your melee skills are high enough that it doesn’t matter that you have 8 torso encumbrance.[/quote]

You speak truth. By the time I have the necessary skills and ingredients to make HSA I’m not worried about a couple of average zombies getting close, I’m worried about meeting a random turret.

Power armor with cybernetic interface and easy to get bionic power, diamond katana or whatever melee weapon you prefer and A high powered rifle for things you don’t want to get near at all. For your situation grab some heavy survivor gear. Its pretty good and 3 encumberance isnt that bad.

Full light power armour, the only thing that can harm me is anti armour guns (50 cal rifle, LMG, Rocket launchers), mininukes and myself.

I actually have a table of what gear to don depending on environment temperature, and desired encumbrance. Its probably unreadable, but if you want:

First is encumbrance, and then bash/cut resistance. Pick whatever suits you.

hvy survivor suit 2/30/37
win survivor suit 2/15/22 -75w
fur coat w80	over torso/arms
survivor duster 0/4/9 over torso/arms/legs - storage
						under				over				strapped
mouth		survivor mask 1/9/13 (win)

head		heavy survivor helmet 3/36/45					survivor hood 2/12/18
										(win surv hood) 2/15/22
torso		hoodie +arms 0/4/4		Kevlar 0/9/18			leather jacket +arms 1/9/9	MBR hard 5/36/60
		t-shirt 0/1/1			2(camo?)tank tops 0/1/1		leather vest 0/9/9		MBR steel 3/30/37
		long sleeved +arms 0/1/1					s.trenchcoat +arms 0/4/9	MBR ceramic 1/15/37
														MBR 0/12/24
														chest rig 0/3/3
arms		hoodie +torso 0/4/4		2arm warmers 0/1/1		leather jacket +torso 1/9/9	chitin guards 1/18/24		
		long sleeved +torso 0/1/1					trenchcoat +torso 0/4/9		2elbow pads 0/7/7
hands		heavy survivor gloves 2/24/30
		chitinous gauntlets 1/18/24
		leather armor gauntlets 0/9/9	2glove liners 0/1/1
legs		survivor cargo 0/3/6		2boxer shorts 0/1/1		metal leg guards 2/24/24	2knee pads 0/7/7
						hard leg guards 1/6/6		leather chaps 0/9/9		drop leg pouch 0/3/3
feet		heavy survivor boots 2/36/45	flame resistant sock 0/3/3					2ankle holster 0/3/3
		chitinous boots 1/18/24
		leather armor boots 0/15/15
eyes no mouth	ballistic glasses 0/9/13

plus 2helmet netting, 2fanny packs tactical drop pouch?
leather pouch 0/3/3

(its not finished, and of course power armor trumps all)

A reinforced hoodie, a long sleeved shirt, a scarf, a pair of cargo pants, a pair of sneakers. A R700 rifle as main weapon.

-This is my end game gear, but I enjoy dying so perhaps following my advice is not recommended.

But If you really want to explore mines without dying, I would recommend:

• A shotgun with a big mag (shotguns ignore hard to hit).
    -No armor less protective than a Tactical full helmet, and a heavy survivor suit

[spoiler=Mine exploration spoilers]

• If you find the fault finale power armor is strongly recommended[/spoiler]

Biggest issue with interface compatible power armor is you’re only going to get 150 volume from a hauling frame. I have a compulsive urge to loot all the things. It takes too long to loot all the things with only 150 volume available.

If you find some of that nifty Rivtech stuff though…that’s all the armor you ever need. Just stuff a radioactive fuel rod next to your skin and turn it on and off as needed. And wear backbacks. Lots of varieties of backpacks. And more armor under it.

[quote=“TheWumpus, post:11, topic:8354”]Biggest issue with interface compatible power armor is you’re only going to get 150 volume from a hauling frame. I have a compulsive urge to loot all the things. It takes too long to loot all the things with only 150 volume available.

If you find some of that nifty Rivtech stuff though…that’s all the armor you ever need. Just stuff a radioactive fuel rod next to your skin and turn it on and off as needed. And wear backbacks. Lots of varieties of backpacks. And more armor under it.[/quote]
Isn’t it that we can weaer 2 types of every backpack?

I mean, there are like 15 types of backpacks ingame. That would mean 30 backpacks… more volume than a single tile can store, likely :d

1. Yes

2. Have to wear nothing when using PA IIRC, not even underwear (Can Glasses be worn in PA for Near Sighter Chars?), plus Torso Encumbrance wearing all those bags and carrying a lot of stuff would make it really hard to hit in melee, at least at the start/early game

get your mele skills over 60 and put armor how much you can before you die out of high temperature

but seriusly wear survivor suit other than light, ligh survivor glowes and heavy survivor helmet, gas mask or pba mask is good idea too, combat or survivor boots are good and give space for 2 knifes, if you have integrated toolset wear survivor belt if not wear survivor belt
wear big survivor storage like backpack or bigger it may be good idea to wear flashlight and biomonitor (ups powered after getting ups bionic) wearing sunglases may be good idea too

if you like to be walking gunstore wear every type of holster sheath and scabad what you find before latest updates i was able to wear 5 knifes 2 pistols 40 arrows and 2 katanas (no ankle holsters) but now you can wear bow and 2 rifles too!

[quote=“Lord Letto, post:13, topic:8354”]1) Yes

1. Have to wear nothing when using PA IIRC, not even underwear (Can Glasses be worn in PA for Near Sighter Chars?), plus Torso Encumbrance wearing all those bags and carrying a lot of stuff would make it really hard to hit in melee, at least at the start/early game[/quote]

Doubletech power armor, correct. Unfortunately qualifying to wear a powered suit is up there with flying fighter jets; you’d fail qualification for needing corrective lenses.

[color=green]>A younger ninja had his dreams dashed of becoming an astronaut as well as a fighter pilot…

[quote=“Lord Letto, post:13, topic:8354”]1) Yes

1. Have to wear nothing when using PA IIRC, not even underwear (Can Glasses be worn in PA for Near Sighter Chars?), plus Torso Encumbrance wearing all those bags and carrying a lot of stuff would make it really hard to hit in melee, at least at the start/early game[/quote]

Unless you are insanely lucky by the time you’re wearing PA full time you either have enough ammo for extended raids without returning to base, have a mobile fortress to drop loot off and not need torso encumberance of 50+, or have a melee skill high enough that it won’t matter. Although torso encumberance does increase moves/attack in melee…and a lot of it means it takes 2-3 (or more) turns to execute one swing. Of course if you’re carrying around that much storage space, you’ve probably played around with Granades…

[quote=“Arek_PL, post:14, topic:8354”]get your mele skills over 60 and put armor how much you can before you die out of high temperature

but seriusly wear survivor suit other than light, ligh survivor glowes and heavy survivor helmet, gas mask or pba mask is good idea too, combat or survivor boots are good and give space for 2 knifes, if you have integrated toolset wear survivor belt if not wear survivor belt[/quote]Light survivor gloves are straight up worse than leather armor gauntlets.

[quote=“Maur, post:18, topic:8354”][quote=“Arek_PL, post:14, topic:8354”]get your mele skills over 60 and put armor how much you can before you die out of high temperature

but seriusly wear survivor suit other than light, ligh survivor glowes and heavy survivor helmet, gas mask or pba mask is good idea too, combat or survivor boots are good and give space for 2 knifes, if you have integrated toolset wear survivor belt if not wear survivor belt[/quote]Light survivor gloves are straight up worse than leather armor gauntlets.[/quote]
Leather gauntlets only cover 60% of your hands, so there’s always a 40% that an attack will bypass the armor. Not to mention the 10 Env. Protection that comes with survivor armor.

A more accurate comparison would be tactical gloves. (Still less Env. Protection, but better armor.