Im starving and parched eternally

[quote=“Iosyn, post:20, topic:2574”]Stop smoking weed.
It’s the munchies.[/quote]

Not gonna lie, in a zombie apocalypse situation I would destroy all weed I came across to eliminate temptation. It’s such a distinct smell…stoner zombies with their heightened sense of smell would come from miles around. Unless you can craft a sploof first, smoking weed is pretty impractical.

What you’re describing is a radioactive thermopile. They have incredible longevity (based on the half-life of their fuel), provide very stable power, and have no moving parts. The down sides are their power/weight ratio, which is TERRIBLE, and the mentioned radioactivity. The only places I know of that they’re regularly used is deep space probes, though that’s mostly because the good ones use fissable plutonium, which people are rightly paranoid about leaving lying around.

Re: power generation from guns, if you think about it, blowback mechanisms are just used to load a spring, you could just replace the spring with a ratchet mechanism for a flywheel or similar and use that to generate power. It’d be much heavier and more complicated than the spring, between the flywheel and the generator (you’d have this weight increase with a turbine too), but would supply a decent hunk of power, should be enough to provide electrical igntion for caseless ammo.

With caseless ammo there’s nothing to eject, so you may not need a bolt system at all, depending upon how you add in new bullets.

You could maybe channel the exhaust gasses through a turbine fan and generate power that way.

With caseless ammo there’s nothing to eject, so you may not need a bolt system at all, depending upon how you add in new bullets.

You could maybe channel the exhaust gasses through a turbine fan and generate power that way.[/quote]

This last bit was the general idea. It doesn’t need (or want to, really) much power, but it needs enough while avoiding the issue of making the gun front heavy, if not heavy in general.

But enough of this, I think I found something that will work (assuming my calculations are right), and we should probably get back on topic before the hammer comes down :P.

I’m rather stumped on your issue, actually. Somehow, you managed to break the universe. Both your exe and save show nothing out of a place.

Honestly, I recommend you delete your cataclysm and build the latest git version. I’m stumped on what the cause is.

Silly question, but by any chance does your character have an infection? One of the posts in the Cataclysm Succession thread mentioned a character becoming immensely hungry and thirsty as a result of an infection.

What are you even talking about, drake1storm? If he just downloaded one of the recent builds or stable, he didn’t have to compile. And talking about “cracking open his .exe”?

lol wut

[quote=“Clayton, post:27, topic:2574”]What are you even talking about, drake1storm? If he just downloaded one of the recent builds or stable, he didn’t have to compile. And talking about “cracking open his .exe”?

lol wut[/quote]

You can open up the exe and there are tools to try and make it into something resembling intelligible code. It is just about as much fun as jabbing a needle in your eye to do it, even with other people’s tools (screw you too Firaxis).

Also, I wasn’t originally aware that he downloaded a prebuilt version. I had no way of knowing until I saw the code myself.

hmm… I have been cauterizing a lot recently, and i do have antibiotics. I’ll take some and see how i feel but idk if it would go to 30,000 points of hunger and thirst.

That’s rather an achievement.

hm… What kinda work were you doing before the hunger strike anyway? Last time I built a car, adding piece by piece suddenly I’m wtfstarving and parched. Subsequent work took even longer.

Sounds weird.