I need help getting away from prison

Security Bots are very difficult, I can never destroy any of them, any suggestions to help me?

Be stealthy, they’re not as perspective as you might think, but they will tear you apart if they do notice you.

1 Like

Okay, thanks, I’ll try to be more stealthy

1 Like

Also, if you’ve never seen RR’s play-through of his jail start, it’s not only a great way to learn the game, but also how to play the jail start effectively too. I think the name of the character is “Elliot”, or just search “Rycon Roleplays CDDA Jail” it should be the first in the videos tab…

1 Like

in fact prison is one of the only challenges I can not get through.

1 Like

Yeah man, it’s sorta like the lab challenge, but putting points into computers gets you no-where in a prison start, and there’s a lot less protection in a prison…

1 Like

I’m not a very experienced player, but already hearing many stories about the lab is from places I’m afraid to go

1 Like

I still haven’t made it out of the lab without cheesing it.

The prison, though, once you get to the point where you just need to avoid the bots, it’s about patience. Watch if you can, retreat, and wait for the moment.

1 Like

If you ever feel really bored of most starts, try the lab start (With at least a point in computers, or not if you want a real challenge). It’s a fun change of pace and a fun learning curve too, and not to not give too much of spoilers running a mutant with genetic chaos and robust genetics is super fun.

cdda is a game without words, however each death is an apprenticeship

2 Likes

They have a view range of 2 in the dark, so as long as their ai doesn’t decide to make them crowd around the doors necessary for escape, you have an ok chance of escaping, especially if you get a light source off a zombie to craft lock picks and a crowbar.

I also think it is a good idea to stay downstairs until you are sure you have the materials needed. If you play with z-levels off, the robots won’t shoot at the zombies until you get to the normal floor. If they are busy shooting the zombies, then you might have an easier time getting past them.

2 Likes

Scream to get the bots near a location and book it the other way. Find a light source to craft lockpicks and pray that they work before the bot get to you. Alternatively, spawn in cannon fodder and use the death-cam until they run out of ammo or kill each other by accident.

1 Like

Or you could craft a makeshift crowbar to pry open the bars if you have strong strength.

1 Like

I have escaped from the prison dozens of times and it’s not as difficult as it seems. It’s not like the lab challenge since you are only one floor below. The difficult part comes after you escape the prison at which point I usually quit the character because it’s the same evacuee grind all over again.

Some tips:

• Try to find a light source as soon as possible. Cop zeds sometimes have a heavy duty flashlight on them. The restroom lockers might also have one. Don’t try to set fire to anything, I have done this more than once and you don’t want the whole thing burning down on you.

• Security bots are blind in the dark. They can only see two tiles ahead of them:

..R..
  • Avoid this field of vision and you’ll be fine. If in doubt check with [x] and always avoid the tiles which are bright or cloudy.

• Your aim is to get out of here as soon as possible. You could wait as the security bots expend their ammo on repeatedly reanimating zeds but it’s usually not worth it. An important thing to note is that the bots which are out of ammo will click audibly.

• To escape as soon as possible you’ll need something to pick the locks and weapons and gear to clear zombies in your path.

• Crafting lock-picks is easy once you have a light source. Smash a locker or some other metal stuff to get scraps/chunks, go in one of the toilets, close the door behind you, activate your light source and get crafting.

• Weapons/Armor can be found in the restroom lockers but it will usually be insufficient so don’t rely on that. You will find some tonfa or baton though so equip it and bash the Zs one by one.

• Now comes the difficult part. As soon as you’re on ground level, you’ll see the security-bots going crazy on zeds. Security bots are blind in the dark as said before but they’re not deaf and you’ll use this to your advantage. Yell with [C] to bring them away from your path. Sometimes you might need to bring them underground which will clear the escape route and is overall helpful because the hall is much less of a danger even with multiple bots.

• You can also lure Brutes out of their locations and into the bots you just brought with you and watch the mayhem. This will also buy you valuable time if you have multiple bots in key locations or choke-points.

• Lastly, try using a tougher build—don’t be fragile, or have other physically debilitating traits. You should be able to handle a few blows from the Zs in the hall and the cops in the restroom.

1 Like