How To Beat The Prison Break Scenario

NOTE: You may need to savescum a few times depending on how the RNG feels

PREPARATION:

Night Vision is going to be a tremendous help

Put a few points into combat skills (melee, dodging) as well

Above-average strength will be nice

PROFESSION

Security Guards and Riot Control Officers both get handguns, which is really nice for dealing with zombie brutes, but not essential for breaking out of the prison. The riot cop, however, starts off with significantly better armor and melee skills than the security guard.

The convict starts off with the lowest armor, skills, or equipment and will be more difficult than the othher two, but still manageable.

If you want the easiest one, pick the riot cop. If you want something that will be less easy, pick the security guard. For the hardest profession, pick the convict.

BREAKING OUT

The scenario will spawn you in the large underground “dining room” area of the prison, where you will be surrounded by an assortment of regular zombies, police zombies, and brute zombies.

Immediately press the " button to begin running, you’re gonna need it.

If you picked either the security guard or the riot cop, use your gun to shoot down lone zombie brutes once they get close. Riot cops can also take more risks when fighting other non-brute zombies in melee combat. If you picked convict, just run.

You want to start running directly south, towards the kitchen.

Smash apart one of the kitchen counters and obtain a two-by-four. Use the two by four as a weapon to break down the door to the pantry.

Or, if you picked one of the two security professions, use your baton/tonfa to break the door down

In the pantry, smash apart the display racks until you’ve found both pipe and a chunk of steel.

Aidditionally, I wouldn’t bother with visiting the armory/guard station. Right below it are solitary confinement cells with zombie brutes, who easily smash down the wooden doors. The armory itself has only one entrance, running a risk of you getting surrounded. Any armor you do find is unlikely to protect you from the zombies for very long, and if you do manage to find a gun, there’s an extremely low chance that you will also find additional ammunition or magazines.

Now for the difficult part

This is the part that may necesitate savescumming. You need to kill a zombie and hope that they drop some sort of light source. Regular zombies may drop matchbooks or lighters, and zombie cops will sometimes drop flashlights or their heavy-duty counterparts. You just need a light source available so that you can craft a makeshift crowbar with your pipe and chunk of steel.

Now, if a zombie happens to actually drop a real crowbar, then you’re golden, but don’t count on it.

And you will need that crowbar. The cell doors on the floor above can’t be smashed open, they have to be pryed.

Once you’ve obtained your light source and crafted your crowbar, open the door to the room directly north of the kitchen, go inside, and take the stairs up. You’ll open up another set of doors and find yourself in the hallway connecting two cell blocks on the left side of the ground floor.

This is the VERY difficult part

Now that you’re in the hallway, you need to use your makeshift crowbar to open up the cell doors to the central room of the prison.

Pray to RNGesus that the security drone doesn’t get you

Run to the entrance, pry both sets of doors open, and you should be in the “waiting room” area.

One more set of doors and you’ve successfully escaped the prison.

One last thing: Stay away from that eyebot that patrols right by the outer fence. The last thing you need right after escaping is for some riot control drone to screw up your day with tear gas and electronic noise-emitting handcuffs.

Thanks for this. You piqued my interested on this scenario. I usually play the ambush start with lower item spawn but that’s gotten a little stale.

Edit: tried a couple of times and just about made it. If I had a pistol to get past the security bot I would have been golden. Side note, the only profession I am offered is the convict, maybe you are playing a later version?

[quote=“Jarlaxlejr, post:2, topic:12097”]Thanks for this. You piqued my interested on this scenario. I usually play the ambush start with lower item spawn but that’s gotten a little stale.

Edit: tried a couple of times and just about made it. If I had a pistol to get past the security bot I would have been golden. Side note, the only profession I am offered is the convict, maybe you are playing a later version?[/quote]

That could be it. I was offered two different prison break scenarios, one that only had the convict profession as you were saying, and one that had all three professions available.

You actually don’t need to farm zombies for a light source to escape. The visitors room just past the barred prison entrance is exposed to some outside light, and you can craft there.

Security bots can’t see in the dark, all I did was keep a distance and yell to attract them
After I did that I ran past them and locked the behind cell doors.

The prison scenario always spawns your characters in the basement, where there is no source of outside light.

[quote=“Rot, post:5, topic:12097”]Security bots can’t see in the dark, all I did was keep a distance and yell to attract them
After I did that I ran past them and locked the behind cell doors.[/quote]

That has varied in the experimentals recently. I haven’t updated in a couple of months, but as of then, yeah, that can.

I haven’t done this scenario until now, i’m getting wrecked by brutes and i can’t seem to get out.

Do i just smash bars with a pipe or something?

Can’t even craft a makeshift crowbar cos i have no light source.

Spawn is dynamic and at 2.00.

EDIT :
Eh nevermind, i don’t like everything hinging on the fact a random riot cop zombie drops a flashlight or fire starter item just so i can craft a makeshift crowbar
The light/crafting system seriously needs to be overhauled, i should be more then capable of making a crowbar in a single minute in the dark with nightvision by bashing one end with a chunk of steel.

Scenario goes into the trash.

The prison scenario always spawns your characters in the basement, where there is no source of outside light.[/quote]

I just test ran this challenge and never at any point needed a flashlight.

Scenario dropped me in dining room. Smashed chair. Got 2x4. Ran to pantry. Smashed counter. Got pipe\steel. Ran back across dining room. Smashed door. Ignored armory. Went upstairs. Smashed north door. Ran and waited for security bots to de- aggro. Snuck past bots to visitor room (it’s just left of the prison exit). Used sunlight to craft crowbar. Pried open exit. Escaped.

There was no RNG involved at any point.

Man, i died like 10 times because a brute showed up or smashed through something and by the time i ran towards the security bot i was out of stamina and stuck between a trigger happy robot and an angry brute…i couldn’t even get towards the end of that corridor.

And even if i did, you would need prior knowledge of the fact that light shines there so you could bring the pipe and chunk of steel to craft the crowbar.

I don’t know if using a brute to catapult you into a robot would effectively kill it and give you a chance to run towards the light.