- Pick Lab Challenge
- Pick Any Profession (I prefer Broken Cyborg, because they are cool and points)
- Pick Any Stats using Multiple Pool default (I prefer 8, 8 , 8, 14)
- Pick Any Traits (I prefer Robust Genetics and Light Step with Hoarder, because the game is about surviving and hoarding to survive). Night Vision helps, but is not required.
- If you picked Broken Cyborg, then you should be able to get your Computers skill to 7.
- Name your character “Dylan the Hacker” and start game.
List of things to pick up along the way:
- Any Food
- Few Drinks
- Any and all Bandages/First Aid Kits
- Butcher Knife (in case something goes wrong and you have to resort to eating creeps)
As you start the game, remove sound cancelling headset and start exploring. Avoid getting infected as it will slow down your process of getting out. Avoid using mutagens until you have broken out of the lab. Avoid hacking anything until you are positive, that the destination cannot be reached in any other way. If you need to hack anything. start by smoking a cig and do cocaine to boost your stats and then pray for the RNG gods.
Your main priorities are:
- Reaching the lowest level’s room with science ID (ASAP)
- Gaining access to armory in order to deal with the top level turret.
- Should gaining access to armory fail, then try to find bulletproof gear or just wear tons of layers of clothes and blankets while trying to make the top level turret run out of ammo by baiting it to fire at you from the maximum range. Rest and/or bandage when you run low on health.
- Have a mentality of not settling down in the lab, but breaking out and doing so later should you desire
- Additional food can be attained from levels, Prisorner Containment Units and by luring enemies to Slime Pits and killing Slimes for Globs.
If everything goes well, then you should be able to escape the lab within the first day.
E: You can of course find Teleporters, C4, etc that can help you in your quest of breaking out.