What are your thoughts on how the game has developed over the years?

I’ve been real happy with it. Pretty much the only thing I didn’t like was no revive being taken outta the default mod list, and even then I understand why it got caught up with the rest.

I’ve been playing since before Magazines for guns were a thing, and a Spare Magazine was a weapon mod. So seeing magazines, the inventory overhaul, the nutrition overhaul, the in-progress crafting overhauls with Proficiencies, and the first budding steps of the medical overhaul with blood, its been incredible. The games come far, I’m sure I’ve missed a dozen other things on that list that have been just as impactful, but niche.

The only things coming up that might have me a bit worried are the Exodii and the associated Cybernetics availability changes. Not because they’ve done anything wrong, quite the contrary with the Exodii which have been great, but more so that they really are changing the balance and availability of some of the real cool aspects of the game. While losing the ability to stockpile scavenged CBM’s in month one is not the biggest problem, I am curious to see how it all pans out in the end.

I do want to give a huge chunk of credit and mindspace to the community creators around the game over the years as well. Current projects like Magicalysm are pretty awesome, but there’s some that have fallen to the wayside, either because the game moved past needing them, or they died quietly as many projects do. In particular, I want to highlight Hybrid Inventory as being ahead of its time, giving us a glimpse into a CDDA of the future, years before it came to be. This branch was so good that I quite literally barely played any CDDA until Inventory Overhaul came around. I had been spoiled, and it was too difficult to go back :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes