How?

The fuck do I use funnels. Jesus Christ. It’s like these are Satan’s washbasins or something. I can never get any water even though it’s raining like hell. I keep examining them but I don’t get any water?

activate them like a trap and then put a sealable container on top of them.

Though they can sometimes fill slowly.

3k posts and you don’t know how to set up funnels? :stuck_out_tongue:

I can attest to the fact that long term players haven’t implemented every feature the game has to offer. The most I’ve done with a car is add gas, never modified any part of one, thus neglecting major part of the game that has been around awhile.

Oh and it’s called a search function : P

Oh and check the wiki : P

Oh and necroing : P

it’s not necroing if the thread was created today! …l…@@…l…

It’s more of a comment on every day forum culture. But seriously the title of the thread could use some refining.

Gtaguy’s been here longer than most of us, cut him some slack.
also–I’ve never used funnels, i cant figure them out, putting them down during rain storms doesn’t work for me. A gameplay feature i personally choose to neglect.

So do funnels just dislike plastic bottles or what? I can’t even get gallon jugs to fill.

I’ve used funnels a few times just fine. (a)ctivate them, select a nearby spot, and drop a water bottle on the same spot. I’ve done it with 2-drink bottles, canteens, gallon jugs, etc. I don’t think there’s a gradual-fill mechanic; just at some point your container will be filled with water or acid water.

I find it’s best not to set them up during the rain. Set them up before the rain, while you’re settling in to read some books, do some crafting, or sleep off an addiction. Or just if you’re establishing a base and plan to be back and forth a noteworthy number of times.

(Anyway, I feel they’re not really a valuable source of water. They generate dirty water or acid water, not clean water, so you still have to purify it. And at that point why not just use one of the many places with infinite water sources as a base. Like a mansion or LMOE shelter. Or just somewhere near a riverbank, or swamp.)

Set them up on dirt. Do not set them up on the road - your containers will dissolve during acid rain.

'A’ctivate the funnel to set it up then drop a gallon jug on that spot. Come back later for water / acid water.
As Waladil notes it’s not really a good source of water (shouldn’t a decent rain collection system produce Clean water?). My favoured method is to load a few steel jerry cans onto my shopping cart / motorbike and go fill them up at a swimming pool. Then dump by my crafting nook and have dirty water available for a long time.

I Remember GtaGuy, he makes funnies.
He made funnies back on the old forum too.

Funnels are evil though, I prefer boiled toilet water.

To use a funnel you must perform the sacred ritual of funneling and sacrifice 5 untainted virgin women to the gods of water and life.

if that doesn’t work then activate it like a trap and place a plastic bottle under it and wait for a year of rain to occur in one day.

Bah, I have kidneys of steel!

But seriously I don’t think I’m doing this right. I have them placed down like a trap with containers under them. What I do wrong?

maybe the experimental you’re playing with is just bugged?

I won’t repeat what other say but :

I usually place it BEFORE it rain, and only try to collect AFTER the rain stop. It never give me problems like this.
Maybe related to yours version if you use night build, tought.

Fuck finally.

Shit finally started working during an acid rain storm.

[quote=“gtaguy, post:16, topic:4790”]Fuck finally.

Shit finally started working during an acid rain storm.[/quote]

BOILED TOILET WATER IS STILL TASTIER.

[quote=“gtaguy, post:16, topic:4790”]Fuck finally.

Shit finally started working during an acid rain storm.[/quote]

Acid water is useful. You can turn it into concentrated acid to make grenades and batteries.
Plain water comes easily from a swimming pool or river.

[quote=“The Lone Badger, post:18, topic:4790”]Acid water is useful. You can turn it into concentrated acid to make grenades and batteries.
Plain water comes easily from a swimming pool or river.[/quote]

I only ever use funnels to collect acid water, and I only ever use acid to make batteries or acid bombs. Thing is, batteries are quite plentiful, and I never get around to making acid bombs.
Funnels are good to see in a game about survival and living off of the land, but I find it far more efficient to fill a steel jerrycan at the nearest pool/river. A water purifier is fairly easy to make, and by activating it on the jerrycan, I can have a season’s worth of clean water.

Easier than making the water purifier is to gather up a shitload of rocks, build a fireplace and then simply boil all of your water.
It’s really easy if you have 2 jerry cans.