How to hack things?

So I am curious how I might be able to hack things? I notice a few things have direct options in the (e)xamine menu but are things like vending machines/gas pumps hackable?
also I noticed a new option of hack a robot, but am not sure how to do so.

To hack a computer, you don’t need anything, just examine it.

To hack a vending machine, gun safe, gas pump etc. you usually need an electrohack.

To hack a robot, you need a control laptop.

You can also hack lab and bunker entrances. Examine the card reader with an electrohack if you don’t have the ID card.

Warning, though. Depending on where you’re standing, the doors will open and there will be a turret waiting to shoot you to death. Normal turrets in labs, milspecs in bunkers.

On the other hand, the doors in the bunker basements do not have active turrets waiting, so hack them knowing the only risk is that the console will break which prevents you from using an ID card on that door.

If I recall correctly using the Electrohack on a Lab or Bunker door successfully should remove the turret(s) guarding it, just as if you had used the proper ID.

I think they only despawn if you use an ID card

No, electrohack keeps the turret and it’s still hostile.

Yup. If you hack a bunker while standing in front of the door… well, you’re dead.

hmnn well here is to hoping there are more things to hack in the future.

No, electrohack keeps the turret and it’s still hostile.[/quote]
yes, but we sleep - we heal. turret not sleep - not heal.
turrets fire from max distance give minimal damage to us.
add 2 and 2.

No, electrohack keeps the turret and it’s still hostile.[/quote]
yes, but we sleep - we heal. turret not sleep - not heal.
turrets fire from max distance give minimal damage to us.
add 2 and 2.[/quote]
And if you stand in front of the door, you will not be at max distance. Add two 9mm slugs to the chest.

Turrets can be hacked with a control laptop, yo. You don’t even need a line of sight. Or toss an EMP grenade or two down the corridor of a bunker entrance. There are also tricks for getting a jump on a turret. High DEX, high speed, run mode, fast weapon, low encumberance… EMP grenades are fantastic though.