How to get rid of trash?

Hello.
I wasn’t playing cata for quite some time and I’ve found that in the newest builds acid seems to no longer damage items lying on the ground. While it certainly makes looting zeds easier it also makes trash disposal impossible. So how do you do it now, guys?

Disposal in general isn’t needed.
If you feel the need to do it anyway, you can:

[ul][li]Burn it[/li]
[li]Bomb it[/li]
[li]Shoot at it[/li]
[li]Drive over it with a car wheel a bunch of times[/li]
[li]Drop it into magma[/li]
[li]Craft it into something useful[/li]
[li]Bug it out of existence by dropping it on a full tile with only full tiles in spillover radius[/li]
[li]Feed it to a shoggoth[/li][/ul]

why you want to do that? every thing can be crafted into something usefull

Usually I make leftover Items into raw ressources - rags, plastic chunks, scrap metal, you get the idea. Those are always useful.

If you still just want to destroy those items, burning them would probably one of the easier things you can do. You could also throw them into deep water. I seem to remember that those items will sink, so they’d be gone for good. And deep water would be safer than magma, and more common.

I would agree though, i’d like to have a way to get rid of items with ease. Driving over my trash gets tiring after a while

Eventually you get too much of some items you don’t have enough other items to combine them with for crafting anything useful. Though that is why I tend to leave it behind in neat piles for future survivors that could use a few items to get going easier. Feels like a better use even if I never have another character that passes through before I trash the world.

How can you say that about such eldritch, dangerous and cursed things as artifacts and otherworldly fruits? Surely they have no place in our world.

There are nuclear silos in the game. Just saying.

Remember when acid rain was enabled and you gathered it with a jerrycan and a funnel and crafted acid with it and dissolved piles of items?

I miss acid rain, bring it back.

It was fun to run outside while your clothes melted and you got hurt so you tried to search for a raincoat or an umbrella to keep you safe.

Once I get a car, I get a “reasonable” supply of stuff and then don’t collect excess. Cargo spaces (carriers?) can be hard to come by, but I usually had at least 9 storage spaces in my vehicle, preferably more for organizing.

One of the most useful things to NOT do is hoard food, especially the packaged crap. Dehydrated/smoked/etc unperishable goods are enough once you use a smoker to save up those occasional stashes of food (collection of fruit bushes, spider basement, set-and-forget gardening). Grains (into flour) and eggs are the best sources of nutrition when you stretch out veggies and meat. Only time I even pick up food on the ground anymore is if I’m in a lab or something and need to eat.

I didn’t know that was a thing that could happen. What defines a full tile?

Glances nervously at some of the piles he has made before.

Glances nervously at some of the piles he has made before.[/quote]

60000 volume if memory serves. look at a floor tile with advanced inventory

Glances nervously at some of the piles he has made before.[/quote]

60000 volume if memory serves. look at a floor tile with advanced inventory[/quote]

4000 is a full “flat” tile (dirt, grass, concrete, etc). A cargo space on top of that can hold another 1000 (so 5000 total). A bookshelf (I think it’s bookshelf) holds 6000, I think.

And of course, there’s the cargo dimension, which I’ve never seen get full on volume, only on items. The maximum number of items that a space can hold is (IIRC) 4096. “ammo” type things (like rocks, thread, yarn, duct tape, etc) count as one item for the stack, but nothing else does (so each rag is an item, for instance).

OK, even I haven’t dumped that much junk into one square, let alone several of them. Bet I could fill one with metal tanks if I tried though. Also my favorite way to get rid of trash is to dump it on the road somewhere I just raided and never plan on visiting again. Or a few steps outside whatever house I’m currently living out of (yeah it doesn’t bother me).

Fully disassembling a large vehicle will generally overflow a single square, especially if it has heavy frames.

Disassembling a large bed (3x3, in a mansion) will give over 1000 rags all by itself. Getting high item counts is REALLY easy.

(I would actually advocate for a great many more items to be “stackable” - rags, plastic chunks, stuff like that.)

Fully disassembling a large vehicle will generally overflow a single square, especially if it has heavy frames.

Disassembling a large bed (3x3, in a mansion) will give over 1000 rags all by itself. Getting high item counts is REALLY easy.

(I would actually advocate for a great many more items to be “stackable” - rags, plastic chunks, stuff like that.)[/quote]

The reason why everything isn’t stackable except for when it’s unique (modded guns, reinforced clothing) is a problem that should be addressed. I actually got angry when I saw the advanced inventory management screen does stack them.