How long it gonna take till 0.D release?

Did anyone think this verison has been take longer than others?

I wonder how many stuff it still need to dev, but I guess it definitely take longer that than 0.C, do they?

so, how long it gonna take? do we actually have a release date?

I don’t think we do have a date for it.

I’d like to get working z-levels (probably without mapgen) in before feature freeze, that would be a nice milestone for 0.D.

I hope that z-levels can make my tanks or something crush the zombie or something one day… I love to see such bloody sence…

Nope. Unless you drop them from above.

Nope. Unless you drop them from above.[/quote]

Hmmm, but they might in a way of speaking. We could change crash mechanics after z-levels are added.
Things to expect: A tank climbing above a wreckage and crunching it down, a car crashing at high speed at another car launching itself 1-2 zlevels higher, doing some flips, then crashing down hard.

[quote=“jcd, post:5, topic:10514”]Hmmm, but they might in a way of speaking. We could change crash mechanics after z-levels are added.
Things to expect: A tank climbing above a wreckage and crunching it down, a car crashing at high speed at another car launching itself 1-2 zlevels higher, doing some flips, then crashing down hard.[/quote]

3D vehicle rotations? That would probably require 3D vehicles first.

[quote=“jcd, post:5, topic:10514”]Hmmm, but they might in a way of speaking. We could change crash mechanics after z-levels are added.
Things to expect: A tank climbing above a wreckage and crunching it down, a car crashing at high speed at another car launching itself 1-2 zlevels higher, doing some flips, then crashing down hard.[/quote]

Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead 0.3D then. :slight_smile:

Just hack the Duke3D engine and there you go. :stuck_out_tongue:

The actual answer to this is when I (or someone else, it’s possible) get around to it. It’s a rather large amount of work.