How do I mycus? (spoilers)

So now that we have mycus, how the hell do i get the mutations for it?
There isn’t a mutagen for it.

I assume Mycus works like radiation, in a way. For example, and devs, correct me if I am wrong here, if you get infected by the fungal blossom( Yes, the blossom in particular because I noticed a distinct message about it pertaining to it’s spores) then you may begin to mutate down that path. Note, I have not actually tried this and it is based purely off speculation. By no means should you try this on a good character, if you plan to try this make yourself a sacrificial lamb and send them out. On a related note, Blossoms are a bitch to try and burn down.

You’re wrong.

Think about this. The Mycus wants people to help it spread and grow, and as such is going to reward those who take the proper steps. What good things have you encountered that are related to the Mycus? Think about it, and it should be enough to at least get you started in the right direction on your quest.

I finally worked out the mycus plan.
That was fun, by the way, almost a quest.
I did find that I got the threshhold and then the next mycus berry I ate gave me mycus feeder. I couldn’t eat anything normal and would have starved to death without the bug menu. Are there supposed to be ways to generate mycus berries without the further mycus mutations, or am I just not getting it? I can make a fungal bloom (totally sweet ass activatable mutations, can’t wait to see what you guys do with that) but they don’t seem to spawn mycus bushes. If mycus feeder restricts you to a bloom to get food, it may (in my worthless opinion) be a little too much. Hopefully I’m just dumb. a few difficulties.

worships KA101 and Rivet

[quote=“Stelknecht, post:4, topic:7534”]I finally worked out the mycus plan.
That was fun, by the way, almost a quest.
I did find that I got the threshhold and then the next mycus berry I ate gave me mycus feeder. I couldn’t eat anything normal and would have starved to death without the bug menu. Are there supposed to be ways to generate mycus berries without the further mycus mutations, or am I just not getting it? I can make a fungal bloom (totally sweet ass activatable mutations, can’t wait to see what you guys do with that) but they don’t seem to spawn mycus bushes. If mycus feeder restricts you to a bloom to get food, it may (in my worthless opinion) be a little too much. Hopefully I’m just dumb. a few difficulties.

worships KA101 and Rivet[/quote]

Rivet does a LOT for DDA, but she wasn’t involved in this one. My making the apples a bit tough to find, I suppose, though you should be able to get them from marloss bushes and trees once you’re a Feeder. Trees can even regrow their apples on occasion.

(Expose a forest to fungal haze, and watch the fungus go! You should get marloss trees in the bargain too.)

Waitwaitwaitwaitwait. Marloss TREES? Well, guess I have to find another blossom.

Thanks I’ll give that a shot. I thought Rivet made the activatable mutations so I was including xer for that.

That was BeigeSand with the heavy lifting. I had to tweak some of the infrastructure. Pretty confident that Rivet uses female pronouns. But yeah, she’s responsible for several long tons of content in DDA, so understandable to default to thanking her.

I have GOT to start reading forums. In any case I thank all of you for making the most addictive game I’ve ever played, bar none.
Now to haze some trees!

[quote=“Stelknecht, post:4, topic:7534”]I finally worked out the mycus plan.
That was fun, by the way, almost a quest.[/quote]
I’m kind of jealous that you got to Mycus before I did.

I apologize! That’s your thing, I know, but I just fell into it. I was actually going to mutate Elf-A this game but I couldn’t find the darn book.
I’ve never gone 1000mph if that helps.

[quote=“Stelknecht, post:11, topic:7534”]I apologize! That’s your thing, I know, but I just fell into it. I was actually going to mutate Elf-A this game but I couldn’t find the darn book.
I’ve never gone 1000mph if that helps.[/quote]
You’re fine, man. What did you do, exactly, to get all three so quickly? Did you spawn right next to a Blossom and a Tower?

By the way, you might want to mix elf-a with slime to get a survivable post-threshold character.

EDIT: Specifically, how did you get enough Gelatin to get the trait? The only thing that drops it is the Tower, and I know because I checked the code.

Amazing good luck. I didn’t even know the gelatin was a vector, so I beat up a tower (the whole ‘hey it’s there, let’s see if it can kill me’) and got the drop. Then I kept it in my truck for a few weeks and ate it on a whim, and got gateway. I wonder what the odds of that are. That said something about seeds, so I tried to eat fungus seeds (that doesn’t work btw) and eventually got curious and found a bloom and ate seeds until I lost all my preceding mutations (that was a little depressing, but I got over it) and got vessel. Overall, one of the funner things I’ve done in Cata. Also, after I got vessel, I ate a berry and got whacked with 243 pain and better than 50% hp, so I didn’t do that again. Not sure what’s going on there… maybe only eat the spoilerfruit for the level you’re at? carrier = berries, gateway = gelatin, seeds = vessel, then mycus fruits offer random mutations. I did wonder why I kept mutating bloom/blossoms when after I got feeder, I really NEEDED the haze to be able to create the only food I could eat.

[spoiler]Mycus and the ooze that are giving you your other mutations don’t really get along, which was why you suffered such large penalties when trying to convert over to the Mycus mutations.

And you said that eating fungal seeds “doesn’t work”, how so?[/spoiler]

Apparently there’s two kinds of seeds, Marloss Seeds (a hand sized cyan sunflower seed) and Fungal Seeds (no idea what they’re for) but the one that works is the Marloss seeds, harvested from the cyan flowers in blooms and Fungal Seeds aren’t the right one.

I got Vector on my first try too. I think Gelatin gives it 100% to make up for its rarity.

The whacking you describe sounds like a bug, actually. I’m on it.

How the hell do I get mycal mutations?

Dude, really? Read the spoilers on this page. It’s that simple.

Dude, really? Read the spoilers on this page. It’s that simple.[/quote]

This is a bit in-depth for the Announcements board. Gonna ask we move it; feel free to use my mutcat thread (I basically gave the same answer i2amroy did) or make a new one in the Bunker or Lab.