How do I mycus? (spoilers)

You might want to move a derail thread to the Bunker.

Dude, really? Read the spoilers on this page. It’s that simple.[/quote]
Issue is that i cant seem to get the threshhold from eating the fruit.
I just get random other mutations, and quickly get carnivore, preventing me for getting the threshold at all

Before embarking on your journey of self-improvement, you must first purify yourself.

No luck.
Not even with starting with no traits, and then drinking a bunch of purifier

And thus, Grenade built an entired Mycus topic.

Despite getting Vector, I’m still craving gelatin. Is this a bug?

More of an oversight probably. The cravings are linked to addictions placed when you activate one, but I don’t think they ever get zeroed out when you obtain that particular mutation.

More of an oversight probably. The cravings are linked to addictions placed when you activate one, but I don’t think they ever get zeroed out when you obtain that particular mutation.[/quote]

I’ve got a branch fixing these issues, will work that one in. Thanks for reporting.

It doesn’t matter any more… a mutating Seed took away Vector. I have an extra Gelatin, so I’m saving it for later after I get Vessel so the same thing doesn’t happen again.

Due to all the purifying effects of Seeds, I now have about half the mutations as when this started. Now I look like a dude who took two insect serums, instead of a dude who took four insect serums, two bird serums, a lizard serum, and then chugged a gallon of mutagen.

I still have no fucking clue how to get the mycus threshold

Have you had any marloss cravings? any dreams?

If so, then you might take the advice I wrote for this purpose.

If not, eat more marloss and get some.

Aww yeeeeaaaaah

AWWW YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

AAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

EDIT: Hold up.

But I’m tired. Nap time before Mycus time.

ONE MORNING ZOMBIE HORDE LATER…

Well, I really worked up an appetite killing all those zombies. Time to eat the fruit…

Also, HOLY SHIT:

Sorry, I may seem a bit dense here but i read the whole topic and i am still a bit confused. If anyone can give me a play by play on how to get mycus that would be lovely i have never branched my character in this way.

sigh

Kill a Blossom, obtain Seeds.
Eat Seeds until you get Vector.
Eat another Seed, create Marloss bushes.
Eat Berries until you get Carrier.
Kill a Tower, obtain Gelatin.
Eat Gelatin, obtain Marloss Gateway and an Mycus Fruit.
Eat Mycus fruit, obtain Mycus.

After that I don’t know, I’m actually stuck here.

[quote=“TheFlame52, post:35, topic:7534”]sigh

Kill a Blossom, obtain Seeds.
Eat Seeds until you get Vector.
Eat another Seed, create Marloss bushes.
Eat Berries until you get Carrier.
Kill a Tower, obtain Gelatin.
Eat Gelatin, obtain Marloss Gateway and an Mycus Fruit.
Eat Mycus fruit, obtain Mycus.

I think you just have to keep on eating marloss and mycus fruits. It should keep on mutating you in the right direction
After that I don’t know, I’m actually stuck here.[/quote]

I think I have the rest:

Eat more Marloss, re-obtain mutations.
Eat even more Marloss, spawning Mycus bushes with Mycus Fruit.
Eat Fruit, gain Mycus mutations.
Profit.

Strange i ate marloss Gelatin and i did not get gateway. A young fungal tree appeared but it does not seem to bear fruit

It’s only about 50% chance, get another and eat that one. You will get gateway then. BUT gateway only appears when you have BOTH Carrier and Vector already.

[quote=“TheFlame52, post:37, topic:7534”]I think I have the rest:

Eat more Marloss, re-obtain mutations.
Eat even more Marloss, spawning Mycus bushes with Mycus Fruit.
Eat Fruit, gain Mycus mutations.
Profit.[/quote]

Marloss fruits should really not be useful once we’ve welcomed into the Mycus. That’s kiddie food. We provide much better for our local guides. We have a branch to fix this.