How did you last die?

Remember to throw your explosive devices after activating them…
That character lasted all of 5 days

I lost control of my bike and went swimming on the way home.

I accidently, crashed my truck into the side of a house and totaled it. Then about 200 zombies along with boomers and spitters and all the other fun zombies started to surround me. I knew I was done for so I took some C4 strapped it to me and activated it. (boom). Hopefully my next char that spawns in that town will have some fun looting that place.

1 Like

Flying down the road on my two engine bike at speeds unfit for the fit of heart… when i really learn to fly.

Try to turn out of the way and You fiddle with the controls, my back tire clips the building. Dead stop. Well the bike stopped dead, I kept flying and face planted on a bear trap where I was held long enough for the hoard to engulf me.

Moral of the story?
If you have more engines then you have driving skill, don’t drive.

1 Like

[quote=“Pawel1997PL, post:80, topic:339”]Just got surprise Hulk’d
On my almost year old survivor with 880 kills. Got bored and starded using a broadsword instead of that fusion-lazer 2 shot thingy, ran into a crowd of zombies and starded slashing them apart, after a few turns the death message appears, it took me a while to realize that I was just killed by a Hulk.
Is it just me or do they need a slightly more noticeable tile? Some thing more like “Oh shit, run!”, and less like a dark blue Z symbol that blends into the backround.[/quote]

Thaaaat’s not a zombie cop.

Yeah, I just managed to run for it against a hulk in my latest game-- slamming doors behind me all the way back to the safehouse, which is now rigged up with bear traps everywhere. Found a small trap cache. I’m hoping that if said hulk gets lured back to my hideout (oh dear,) it will at least be trapped by the beartraps long enough for me to stab it with enough spears for it to die.
Also there’s a crater nearby which has yielded me a backpack full of springs-- and scrapmetal from the nearby evac shelter… kehehehe…

killed myself with a 40mm. i feel silly.

Had a recent character who wanted to lure a bear over some bear traps. The animals was strangely myopic, apparently not giving much of a fuck as I waved and gesticulated at it. I even threw some stuff in its direction, but it clearly gave no fucks whatsoever.

And then I walked a bit closer…

Um yeah… turns out I didn’t quite make it to the traps in time for it to get stuck in its namesake. Bear 1: Me 0

[quote=“Benedict, post:87, topic:339”]Had a recent character who wanted to lure a bear over some bear traps. The animals was strangely myopic, apparently not giving much of a fuck as I waved and gesticulated at it. I even threw some stuff in its direction, but it clearly gave no fucks whatsoever.

And then I walked a bit closer…

Um yeah… turns out I didn’t quite make it to the traps in time for it to get stuck in its namesake. Bear 1: Me 0[/quote]
That’s why all of the bears survived the apocalypse. They are the patient New Bears Mafia and don’t like those who mess with 'em. They got them claws and monies, and wait for the right time to hit. Capiche? :stuck_out_tongue:

Bears are generally non-hostile unless you get too close to them and then they start tracking you. If anything is tracking you, it means they’re planning to maul your face off. It’s the same with wolves, you kill some of them and some start ignoring you, but hanging around nearby and I’m like, WTF? Freakin’ Tsundere wolves-- what is this, Twilight? 'I-It’s not like I want to maul your face off or anything…'
Fuck it, I said I didn’t want dinosaurs in but now I want dinosaurs in.

oh, and anything in caves tends to be pretty hostile right off the bat.

Everyone wants dinosaurs. Some of you just don’t know it yet.

[quote=“Iosyn, post:89, topic:339”]Bears are generally non-hostile unless you get too close to them and then they start tracking you. If anything is tracking you, it means they’re planning to maul your face off. It’s the same with wolves, you kill some of them and some start ignoring you, but hanging around nearby and I’m like, WTF? Freakin’ Tsundere wolves-- what is this, Twilight? 'I-It’s not like I want to maul your face off or anything…'
Fuck it, I said I didn’t want dinosaurs in but now I want dinosaurs in.

oh, and anything in caves tends to be pretty hostile right off the bat.[/quote]
Cave hostility makes sense: you’ve just invaded the lair so they’re defending home. By rights, running away (one or two overmap squares, I’d think) ought to get them to break off. Leaving some indication that the place is inhabited outside would be fair, though.

Agreed that Tracking gets old fast.

Re dinosaurs: if they’re Cold Blooded and show up in year 2, sure. Ought to have some pretty good craftables resulting, too.

Note to self: Do not short-range teleport near bunkers…

My fingers decided that committing suicide instead of sleeping was a good idea. They also decided to confirm when prompted.
Note to self: rebind UNBIND suicide key

It was quite a successful character, anyway. Any imaginable tool and gadget at his disposal (but no installed CBMs or mutations -say NO to augmentations-). About to get to autumn. He just set up in a LMOE shelter a couple days before, after losing his semi trailer to triffid queens siege (got trapped) while trying to set up a new home in a farm. In fact, he was about to attempt the final assault to the triffid heart. The top floor of its lair was already cleared. He just needed to gather even more explosives and grenades, because wood axes don’t seem to be able to chop down root walls for some reason (quite silly, if you ask me).

I thought I was being clever and put a fire next to the sewage inside the treatment plant. That was a pretty exciting event.

I’ve only been playing for a few days so I’m still learning by dying.

I burned my house down with me in it while trying to cook.

crashed into a forest in my bug and got spidered. and i had so many mutations too…

took a break, did a static spawn ‘death run’, found a school bus, cleared the whole town, at night i drove off starving and thirsty, going east, listening to some imaginary tunes. now bridge. half taken over by triffids. sleepy and slow, the bus, way too fast, rams into them and, crash. into the water. the end.

a most epic 40 minutes :slight_smile:

p.s. if you’re not dying enough, copy your cataclysm folder and make a death run playground; train nothing, make no stashes, be on the run. if you stay alive for 24hrs you win. count your kills to ‘score’. makes you wish the game made html-files linking a final screenshot and the death-screen info under ./games … its the gameplay roguelikes never had.

Roguelikes tend to have rather elaborate death files. What are you talking about?

Stuff like this: http://crawl.develz.org/morgues/0.11/Soyweiser/morgue-Soyweiser-20130225-104222.txt

ARGHHH!

I had a two-three seasons old character, with 17 Throwing, and who had read every single book, and who had a tasty LMOE shelter and had just found a vehicle (after about 4-5 maps worth of searching).

I stopped off at my starting shelter to spend the night, as I’d driven my sedan for a while and it was running low on gas, and I didn’t want to be caught out in the dark.

The starting NPC is chilling out nearby, and I think to myself “Damned if I’m leaving this buggy shithead around to fuck things up.”

I chuck a steel spear.

“You hear a whump from the north”

Ok…

I try again. Same result. Apparently throwing spears at un-aggroed NPCs does nothing.

I walk up with my rapier, save in case shit gets buggy, and…

Instantly die from - as far as I can tell - infinite bullets to the face, torso, arms and legs.

I wept a single tear.

Debug commands are acceptable to get rid of NPCs.