Checking cause of death?

I was just wondering how I died, I was playing my most succesful survivor (ended with a 495 kill count, not great for you vets but very good for me). I took a jackhammer to the door of a military bunker and went inside, and so it was there I learned about the turrets. They were shooting at me but a lot of the shots deflected, so I just went to hacking them up with my broadsword. So I also learned they explode, whatever not a big deal, didn’t hurt to much. I’m going ahead with 4/5 bars of health for every limb, they fire another volley-and then I just die. I check the turn log for the last turn and it doesnt say I took damage here or there.

Did the turrets fill me with lead?

I guess…
Were you wearing a helmet because it could have been a headshot or something

Check memorial folder in your game folder. It should have a file on your dude, with info such as this:

[code]Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead version 0.A-1-g0e9713e memorial file

In memory of: Carter Diaz
"Whacked by a stupid turret"

He was a male Chain Smoker when the apocalypse began.
He died on Winter of year 1, day 3, at 11:54.
He was killed in a science lab in the wilderness.

Cash on hand: $0

Final HP:
Head: 0/90
Torso: 90/90
L Arm: 87/90
R Arm: 87/90
L Leg: 87/90
R Leg: 87/90

Final Stats:
Str 8 Dex 8 Int 12 Per 7
Base Stats:
Str 10 Dex 10 Int 14 Per 8

Final Messages:
11:54 The shot reflects off the thin skin!
11:54 From the east you hear P-p-p-pow!
11:54 The turret shoots you.
11:54 The shot reflects off the thin skin!
11:54 The turret shoots you.[/code]

I don’t know if critters can score criticals bypassing armor in Cataclysm but that would be my guess for what happened to your (and my) guy.

Yeah I was wearing a helmet (motorcycle)… And lol dovla I was also a chainsmoker and yeah that’s exactly what my memorial looks like… Oh yeah there’s the headshot. Damn. Now I know at least!

Motorcycle helmet has 100% coverage – no shots would bypass the armor. But it only covers head and mouth, so perhaps you were shot in the eye.