How did you last die?

The fact that security vans and armored vehicles can be damaged by anything less than an acid type or hulk/juggernaut is more than a little lame. Thankfully I opt for static bases.

Do you gather seeds and farm first or gear first?

Oh and I last died being in a tank. Driving over a fire. Being lit on fireā€¦somehow that was under a tank. Again. >_<

I tend to die in oddball ways. Much like the player that I am. So I guess it is both fitting and humorous =D

Oh, gear for sure. Thereā€™s more than enough food to find, while scavenging, that you donā€™t need to worry about farming for quite some time. My first winter is survived mainly via pemmican, nuts, and various teas

I just checked w/debug in my Testworld, and reinforced glass stops a milspec turret from hitting me, and an NPC given a Mosin-Nagant and turned hostile. The glass is bulletproof.
Maybe your windshield had some damage? I believe thereā€™s a chance itā€™ll get through reinforced glass if itā€™s been damaged.

Thanks brother for testing all the same. I only see this effect when aiming at a creature/NPC.

Admittedly I play the hell out of a version to make sure the end areas are as good as the beginning. So Iā€™m still around 8500 range. I know. Old. But gotta play test well or I feel like we get stuff wrong. Missing stuff too.

Anyway. Go find a lab and find those cage glass rooms. You know what I mean. =)

Target a mob inside and fire off some shots with various rifles. I was at a distance at first and then close up. My bullets went straight through to the target while you are correct. the 9mm turrest canā€™t for some reason. 9mm works? 556/308 and I think I had a Barrett ball as well. But Iā€™m 100% positive the standard and AP for 556/308ā€™s went through. I was likeā€¦dafuq? That went through? lol

Then I didnā€™t laugh when that NPC with the M4A1 shot me in the tank and I shot him in a new hummer.

edit:

nope, not damage. Both tank + hummer were 100% new. The labs I were in also untouched.

BeagleMini-Tank didnt like my pipe bomb :frowning:

I fought a Zombear in a minefield outside a bandit hideout. Technically we both lost.

3 Likes

Only attack those at nightā€¦they cant see for shit once the sun sets.

I ran into shoggoth in the lab.

Was searching a lab and for some odd reason a turret was all alone in a room surrounded by a fence with literally nothing else for it to guard or purpose to go past for.

I was not especially happy about this silly design. Seeing as a turret for no purpose would kill anyone just walking by a random corner of the complex andā€¦seriously who the hell put that there??

It is a gripe. But I was killed after 2 year game and naturally that was a purposeless death. I have no problems with turrets. Save that lone turret that would guard nothing. Be there to murder the lab occupants. It was an illogical addition to labs. Would greatly appreciate it if this was removed or had something kind of rare to guard.

It makes me think of putting a turret in someone bathroom and giving them exlax icecream. >_<

1 Like

Tried to play tag with a mini tank. Needless to say, it won. Probabbbbbly shouldnā€™t have ate all my pink tabs for funzies before hand.

That is what we call savescum excusable.

Doing a nomad run on a huge city spacing world. Did great until I tried my luck with a lab and got blown apart by a turret. I barely survived, and as I was exiting to high tail it on my motorbike- ā€œyou are being targeted.ā€ Killed by a beagle on the front steps of the lab

1 Like

my last death was mistakenly setting the mininuke timer to 100 before running away.

1 Like

Iron Mike was an innawoods survivor rebuilding civilization from rocks, sticks, and the nearby wreckage of a helicopter. He had just gone over to the clay pits to pick up some clay to build the wattle-and-daub walls of his new house. While digging, he was jumped by a giant wasp, poisoned, and killed.

1 Like

Giant wasps were literally my sole roadblock towards getting past the learning curve for this game. Found some great skill books and on my way back home? Giant wasp. Find a working RV and returning to it with a welder to patch it up? Giant wasp. Find an integrated toolset off a shocker corpse (back when you butchered them and didnā€™t dissect them) and on your way to grab painkillers to install it (back when manual installation was the only way and it needed painkillers)? Giant wasp.

Fuck those things with a passion. I kill every one I see.

7 Likes

=\ I felt like my video was getting boring with just narration so I switched to telling an anecdote about a movie I watched. Shifting that brainpower away from the game led me to walk through a door and get shot multiple times by a turret. In the chest. And the face.

On the plus side, Arctic is a great movie, especially if youā€™re into survival/man v nature type stuff. Check it out.

1 Like

Stepped out of the starting shelter on the first night to head to the nearby town for some salvage and walked straight into a chicken walker. Dead before I even knew it was there. As I ā€œwatched the last moments of my lifeā€ it walked over and probably tea bagged me just to add insult to injury.

3 Likes

Beagle of doom. LOL XD

I have just killed one at night with my light amplifying goggle and 4-5 emp grenades. :slight_smile: