How did you last die?

I was inside of my garage safehouse, beating a police car with a bokken.
That way I could repair it and increase my mechanics a level.
But I forgot to look at the vehicle layout before doing so and ended up hitting the gas tank, which blew my garage to pieces and left me dying amidst burning rubble.

By far my most humiliating death/suicide.

I was once sleeping in a full suit of Heavy Power Armour on an endgame cyborg, deep within my DEATHMANSION OF SUPERDEATH ZOMBIE DEFENSE. Obviously I was sleeping with an engraved/reinforced Zweihander, because Iā€™m a motherfucking paladin out to purge the world of all life. At some point while sleeping I got woken up by an NPC with a Pipe .22 rifle, saying ā€œDROP YOUR MOTHERFUCKING ZWEIHANDERā€.

Instead of killing him, I decided to just activate my hearing protection and go back to sleep. I ended up waking up later to him having fired over 700 rounds at me, one at a timeā€¦ I then allowed him to follow me around like a pet. Just constantly shooting me with his dinky little .22 pipe, like a pet mosquito.

1 Like

I was once sleeping in a full suit of Heavy Power Armour on an endgame cyborg, deep within my DEATHMANSION OF SUPERDEATH ZOMBIE DEFENSE. Obviously I was sleeping with an engraved/reinforced Zweihander, because Iā€™m a motherfucking paladin out to purge the world of all life. At some point while sleeping I got woken up by an NPC with a Pipe .22 rifle, saying ā€œDROP YOUR MOTHERFUCKING ZWEIHANDERā€.

Instead of killing him, I decided to just activate my hearing protection and go back to sleep. I ended up waking up later to him having fired over 700 rounds at me, one at a timeā€¦ I then allowed him to follow me around like a pet. Just constantly shooting me with his dinky little .22 pipe, like a pet mosquito.[/quote]

This is amazing.

1 Like

One of my characters once overdosed on Medicine onceā€¦

ā€¦

No not the guy named Medicine, the medicine in the gameā€¦

Oh jeezā€¦

Day one of a new character in a new world, run into a zombie hulk. Run like hell, into a second zombie hulk. Is it just me or are hulks and brutes a lot more common and appearing a lot earlier than they used to?

They are. Two brutes on day one. Wow ^^.

Lets see, last death I had was forgetting to put a brazier outside my window before starting a cooking fire in my starting hovel, with the obvious results. I was scooping up my stuff to beat a hasty retreat from the fire when something in my loot stack near the windowsill exploded and knocked me out.

Then the burning house fell on me.

You would think after all this time I would know better. But no. Sometimes the old mistakes are too deeply ingrained.

Didnā€™t acknowledge the warning ā€œHEAT COMING FROM BASEMENTā€ and went down anyway.
Ended up swimming around a river of lava until I died.
10/10

Ooooh, you know.

I had everything that I needed for a completely heavy survivor armor outfit. Decided to hit the hospital instead to fulfill a quest. I could have also easily crafted some survivor fire gear too before I went to that hospital. I think I had another thing that I was looking for. Patient treatment records andā€¦ no yeah, it was probably just that.

Got messed up by the combination of boomers + spitters. I couldnā€™t see after getting boomed, and wouldnā€™t avoid the spit and stand in it longer than necessary trying to find an escape.

Kept looking, kept searching after my legs broke. Had myself a nap to restore some of my health and reduce the pain levels. Decided to keep looking after that, also hoping to find a cash card to raid the vending machines (goo pit outside the hospital, and didnā€™t want to attract even more attention to myself). Got spat on again, and dropped pretty quickly after that.

Good bye katana, punch dagger, combat knife, plated leather armor, lobster helmet, and S&W 619. You will be missed.

Acidic zombies are the ones I hate the most. not spitters, but the base version.
Followed by hunters.

Then probably the rest of their line.
And then shriekers.

Well, I think I have officially discovered the dumbest way to die. My newly deceased character has just perished on account of misclicking when attempting to light a fire. Rather than lighting the two by fours in the fireplace, I caught my entire stack of books on fire instead. Poor planning led me to believe that I would be able to reach my fire extinguisher if it was 3 tiles away from the fireplace. I was wrong. Rip character with self-built solar-powered armored truck, a few bionics, mutagen recipes, and a full set of ornamental plate armor and a nodachi. cries

Got launched from my bridge shack by a brute only to be finished off by a coyote once i reached the shore

I tried out PKā€™s rebalancing mod with my usual start of having a Really Bad Day, I found a Brute leading a mob right outside my burning house so I started running away from town.
At the edge of town was an angry moose so I started running away from both the moose and the brute only to meet a Cacodemon on my escape route.
Having no melee skills to speak of, naturally I attempted to murder the Cacodemon with my bare hands.
RIP randomly named drunk naked infected sick guy, didnā€™t even manage a single attack.

ā€œHow hard could it be to disarm a land minā€¦ā€

This is my worst fucking nightmare. Iā€™m not joking. Zombie hulks? Shocker brutes? Mi-gos? Nah, these are all honorable ways to die. At least you tried, you know? Maybe you got caught off guard. It happens. But instead of lighting the fire in the North direction you light it in the North-East? Fuck no. Fuck no. I specifically look at my keyboard right before lighting fires to ensure this doesnā€™t happen. I touch type and play games without looking at the keyboard on the regular, but this right here - no. I wonā€™t let that happen.

1 Like

Thatā€™s the reason why I keep a fire extinguisher near by.

a small fire extinguisher is always on my loadout things that i never drop along with my tailoring kit and the hunting knife

My attempt at a very bad day ended badly - though I did make it to nearly the end of said day.

Fought my way out of a small crossroads town to a nearby motel, cleared it and scavenged it - didnā€™t find much other than some clothes to wear. Was forced to head back into town to look for desperately needed medical supplies, managed to scavenge a few houses but each one just resulted in more injuries and little to show for it.

Finally ended up creeping out of town as night fell, unable to find any medical supplies in the houses, and unable to fight my way into a sporting goods store with a horde out front. Though nearly delirious with pain and infection from multiple bites, still made it a few miles down the road and it was nearly midnight when the sound of cannon fire ripped through the night as I stumbled into a roadblock manned by an automated tank drone.

The End.

I sarted off having a really bad day but me and my friend who was over at my house managed to somehow fight our way out or town and escape the horde of zombies. We descided to go raid some building on the other side of town where we were ambushed by a zombie hulk as we rounded the corner and my friend valiently gave his life to let me escape. I managed to escape and found a couple houses on the outskirts of town. In the first house i found a trenchcoat, backpack, and the first aid kit to heal my infection. I then raided thw other house to find an atomic lamp, locksmith kit, and a mess kit. I went to open the last door in the house and was met with the sight of a zombie brute and a feral runner. I closed the door, dropped my lamp, and made a run for it. I made it out of the house and going through the other house the feral runner caught up to me and there ended my life not 3 hours after my friend gave his life to protect me.

Generic CDDA earplugs are, apparently, literally the best ear plugs ever made by anybody ever, even with enhanced hearing I managed to sleep through the wall getting smashed down by a hulk who proceeded to throw me and my bed through the other wall.

Note to self: If something is too loud to sleep through donā€™t just put in earplugs and leave it running all night, turn it off.

1 Like