Holy shit, WORMS!

So, playing the latest nightly build. All my usual settings, static spawn, and whatnot.

There are dozens of worms everywhere.

It’s kind of ridiculous, really; everywhere I go, there are WORMS, attacking in groups, from all directions. Playing with higher stats for testing purposes, so I managed to kill 7 of them by standing on pavement so as not to be surrounded. I wandered around a bit, to make sure I’d gotten all the ones that were aggro’d… and not seeing any more worms at the moment, I walked back home, and all of the sudden, more spawned. Like, six more worms, surrounding me, and right in front of the shelter, so I know I’d passed by there before, without encountering any worm hordes.

This did not repeat with my second character, so I’m confused as to whether I was just randomly really unlucky, or what. But that’s a ridiculous level of worms.

IIRC Static Spawn was zeds and only zeds. Worms would still be dynamic.

Its not a bug.

No, Static has everything Dynamic has, Classic has only Zeds.
I’m still kinda new with the game, but I assume it’s because (In Static) worms have already spawned. And you were just unlucky where they happened to spawn in large groups where your shelter was.

[quote=“Dzlan, post:4, topic:1646”]No, Static has everything Dynamic has, Classic has only Zeds.
I’m still kinda new with the game, but I assume it’s because (In Static) worms have already spawned. And you were just unlucky where they happened to spawn in large groups where your shelter was.[/quote]

I think he means static only effects zeds. And everything else still is dynamic

Hmm. Well, it’s the first time that I’ve ever seen more than one worm at a time, so… yeah.

Just wasn’t sure if it was working as intended that worms could just repeatedly spawn in huge groups like that.

Think I’m just having more… unusual luck with spawns than normal.

Survivor before last was eaten by worms again, but less so than the first post.

Last survivor spawned in a shelter half-broken to rubble by a huge Marloss spawn, with associated FUN. 'Nuff said.

I’m willing to concede that the game is probably, in fact, getting more difficult as intended, and there’s no longer any smooth progression from unskilled survivor to godlike master of the mobile base.

Worms come from underground. It makes sense that you can’t have “already killed all the ones from over here” since more would just come up.

Static spawn only affects zombies. Everything else in the game uses the dynamic spawn system, including worms. In other words an area is allotted a spawn pool and stuff is taken out of the pool and put into the area periodically whenever the player is around it. The more noise you make the more dense the spawn becomes. Worm overspawns are nothing new. Exhibit A:

[quote=“AerialK7, post:5, topic:1646”][quote=“Dzlan, post:4, topic:1646”]No, Static has everything Dynamic has, Classic has only Zeds.
I’m still kinda new with the game, but I assume it’s because (In Static) worms have already spawned. And you were just unlucky where they happened to spawn in large groups where your shelter was.[/quote]

I think he means static only effects zeds. And everything else still is dynamic[/quote]

Correct, leastwise if you’re referring to me.

Worm spawning is ridiculous. If an area has worms, it’s best to avoid it entirely or start a new map. You can kill hundreds upon hundreds of them and they will keep coming back. They also permanently ruin the map with their dirt mounds.

They are one of those things that is working as intended, but they are intended to completely ruin your game.

[quote=“AerialK7, post:5, topic:1646”][quote=“Dzlan, post:4, topic:1646”]No, Static has everything Dynamic has, Classic has only Zeds.

I think he means static only effects zeds. And everything else still is dynamic[/quote]

Wait… So, on Static, Wildlife animals and other stuff are still Dynamic Spawning? YES! I’ve been looking everywhere for a confirmation to that…