Help with new lifting/jack rules

Folding wasn’t the point, only the fact that the crane can be installed on, and operated from, a folding frame.

AFAIK removing or adding wheels AT ALL was broken in experimental. I’ve stripped a car down to it’s frame, and even though the jack was rated for 3 (6600 lbs) metric tons, it couldn’t be used on a 4000lb vehicle.

Additionally, it doesn’t seem unreasonable if you had multiple jacks, that the lifting capacity wouldn’t stack.

Well jacking a jack is a pretty bad idea.

perhaps implying that several jacks share the total load? and put them on each other - this smacks of a madhouse :slight_smile:

and if in parallel - in principle it should work. in real life, you can do - just find a way to synchronizes their work, but if you think about it, nothing is impossible.
maybe it would be nice to provide for such a scenario. to a person in the inventory or adjacent units was 10 jacks to 3 tons each. and the total force - will succeed

BUT

lucky you - you just have to change the wheel.
and I need to move the whole machine. assort - machine is very large. Fortunately, this is not a tank :slight_smile:
and I-boom crane, unfortunately, not an assistant.
and I do not know what to think of.
loader - also did not help.
It may be there for me for a decision?

maybe the game has such a pleasant thing as a winch?
Well, not winch, let it be a tow rope.

well at least the rope for towing in the game have?
stretch road blockages can make it.

nope no pulling or pushing of vehicles by anything other than the vehichle themselves. I am almost positive the current collision physics is everything stops completely when colliding with a stationary vehichle. 504934983405 trill ton tank see a buggy? If it can’t chip the parts off tank stops. Is this not the case? I recall discussion about it long ago… Please refresh me on the subject.

if the difference between the weight of the truck and the load will be in the direction of the towing vehicle - the cargo some speed will be announced, which will depend on the weight of the towing vehicle to the value of the Enlarged trailer weight, and power of the tractor engine.
that is, if my “bus” weighs 10 tons and I need to pull a truck that weighs 6 tons - that my motor will have to carry 16 tons and it will go to, respectively, to change the maximum speed. Of course, provided that the “trailer” will be equipped with at least four wheels. ie, that the trailer is not turned into a scraper. but on wheels, so I think you can, and take care. it is still faster than a fully disassemble interfering passage of transport.

but if I trucks of 2 tons will try to drag a tank weighing 20 tons - that I have, of course, will not work, because the rest mass of the tractor with my very small.

I think the mathematical apparatus of the game is quite capable to perform this kind of calculation.

and problems with the animation “trains” of this kind - to spit on them for the first time.

wait there are “trailors” now? Thats been implemented? can’t wait to play with that if that is the case…

I don’t quite grasp the intent of the lifting equipment thing other than to present an obstacle/hassle. I attached a boom to a shopping cart that lifts my 18k vehicle, which is completely silly and not realistic. Based on the comments here, others are doing equally silly things to get around this (or just debug to get by this nonsense). Just using jacks and having streamlined gameplay without hassle was a lot less unrealistic (and better gameplay IMO, and more fitting since nothing else about vehicles in the game goes into such excruciatingly annoying detail). I also agree with the point made that jacks don’t need to lift an entire vehicle so the way they’re implemented is also unrealistic. Most simple cars have a jack the size of a bottle of soda so you’d think the monster sized industrial strength jacks would be enough for gameplay purposes for lifting our custom beasts.

There are? Would be cool. Then you could tow your shopping cart with the boom crane on it because that would be amazingly realistic.

After 2 years alone in the post apocalyptic zombie wasteland of New England, my character’s jacking quality should be amazingly high.

To actually contribute, I noticed that bottle jack has to be in inventory to work which seems like pointless inventory busywork. Can we please just assume that if the jack is within crafting radius, my char is smart enough to use it?

It doesn’t need to be in inventory.
Could be that a board or something is on the way to the jack. You need a clear way to the crafting tools.

It doesn’t need to be in inventory.
Could be that a board or something is on the way to the jack. You need a clear way to the crafting tools.[/quote]

It was on the same tile as another tool I was using, but it ended up getting fixed a couple experimentals later.

I’m struggling with trying to get the Boom Crane to function.

I’ve installed it onto an armoured car so I can remove the wheels from it, but the requirements still say that I need Lifting equipment or 111 Strength to remove the wheels.

I’ve tried interacting with the vehicle’s controls but there is no option to “lift” or activate the boom crane, and i’ve tried installing controls onto the boom crane but I get the tooltip that nothing can be placed there.

I’ve also tried installing it at the front of the vehicle, the sides and the rear to see if it would make any difference but nothing has worked so far.

What am I missing?

A boom crane cannot work to lift the vehicle it is installed on. Install it on a different vehicle nearby. Stand in range of boom lift. Work on first vehicle.

I’ll mount it on a frame and check it out, much obliged for the advice.

Has anybody confirmed the boom cranes maximum lift? Ive done 20+ tons.

I believe that for part installation the vehicle weight is capped at 6 tons, so yes, boom crane lifts all. My only complaint about it is that I have to take it out and set it up every time I want to add more wheels to my mobile base.

I believe that for part installation the vehicle weight is capped at 6 tons, so yes, boom crane lifts all. My only complaint about it is that I have to take it out and set it up every time I want to add more wheels to my mobile base.[/quote]

It sounds like you are to wheeled vehicles as this guy is to backpacks…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAtzN_ScKXY

XD

A crane is only needed to for the tires. Any other work can be done without it. So I assume you can use a bare bones frame (some H form) and add wheels, then replace all the frames with heavy duty ones, add armor, and start your 30x30 deathmobile.

Steel booms, IIRC, lift everything. That is, their “limit” is infinite, so you don’t run into a situation where you’re unable to remove/add wheels to something because it’s too heavy.

As for practical usage, here’s my advice: make or find a light foldable frame, wheels optional. Make a steel boom. Unfold frame next to the vehicle you wish to remove wheels from/add wheels to. Examine foldable frame. Install steel boom in one of the empty spaces next to the frame (steel boom has to be installed in its own space, it can’t be installed on top of anything). Now you can do wheel stuff. When you’re done, uninstall the steel boom from your foldable frame, then fold up the frame. Put the folded frame and the steel boom somewhere convenient (I like to keep them in my car with my toolbox). Easy-peasy.

The basic rules for the steel boom are:

1. Steel boom must be installed to a vehicle of some type.
  2. Steel boom cannot lift the vehicle it is attached to.
  3. Steel boom cannot be installed on top of anything else. (i.e., it must be installed in an empty space adjacent to a vehicle’s frame)