Grappler Zombie annoying bug

Grappler Zombie pulling my character off of a motorcycle, even though his attack to grapple me missed.
And its not just that, its accompanied by error messages and teleporting until you crash.

Has anyone experienced this?

Build 0.C-31390-g9b8ffe6

I was coming to complain about a similar bug, but it didn’t crash the game.

I was driving in my vehicle, fully enclosed, and a grappler pulled me off through the closed door onto the sideboard. I was going 39 at the time, and the vehicle insta-stopped, so I was stuck in quite a mess of zombies. Fought my way out, but they did a lot of damage to my vehicle (destroyed my FOODCO™ Kitchbuddy, which is really annoying).

Anyway, there are at least 2 things there that shouldn’t have happened, all related to the initial grappler silliness.

I’m on it. Looks like some of the grappler code depends weirdly on creature positioning.

I don’t see how could it cause teleporting until crash, but it certainly can unboard you from a vehicle and do so through a windshield. Will have fix for the latter bug very soon.

I bet you anything it’s an AOE effect, and that’s partly why it’s not giving a good goddamn about doors in the way.

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:3, topic:9828”]I’m on it. Looks like some of the grappler code depends weirdly on creature positioning.

I don’t see how could it cause teleporting until crash, but it certainly can unboard you from a vehicle and do so through a windshield. Will have fix for the latter bug very soon.[/quote]

Nifty, thanks!

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:3, topic:9828”]I’m on it. Looks like some of the grappler code depends weirdly on creature positioning.

I don’t see how could it cause teleporting until crash, but it certainly can unboard you from a vehicle and do so through a windshield. Will have fix for the latter bug very soon.[/quote]

vehicle crash* Clarification, sorry.