[GMC] Goats Mod Compilation V 0.1.8 now with GMC.exe

Oh jeeze, somehow I was using an experimental and thats what was causing some of my issues.

Stable version works correctly. Thank you!

2 Likes

GoatGod, you’re wonderful. Haven’t tried to use the experimentals, but 0.E is working great.

2 Likes

thats good lol, experimental is a mess right now riddled with bugs. ive updated some but there going to brake every few updates. i will make sure that 0.1 has all the mods working then im going to move onto larger projects.

2 Likes

if you run into any errors please post them, i want to make E compeletly error free, i know they all post, but some errors that happen ingame i might have missed.

Here are fixed Artyom and Nimian, this fixes most game-crashing bugs, though they are still work in progress as it may have more bugs that i’m unaware of

https://mega.nz/file/jZkwRagB#1aFBXTNgNnDsB5agU3BOAvREg-W9oVlIgzLN_6WWG6g

2 Likes

Standalone_Salvaged_Robots say “Dont use”.
I dont want modular turrets because I guess future updates broke that one a lot.
Its really that bad?
I want to start again with Blaze, tanks, and robots.

you can still use blaze mod inside my compilation delete blaze mod from /data/mods and the rest work fine (not sure how it works with blaze being mainlined but the game posts as far as im aware)

2 Likes

I’m not sure if it works at all, but if it does it will have the same problems as modular turrets. Salvaged robots relies heavily on data from modular turrets; items, recipes, etc. The ‘stand-alone’ is currently a largely unedited mashup of the two mods. It’s labeled that way for a reason :P. The whole modular turrets line of mods is a mess, almost as bad as blazemod, but with less interest from the community.

4 Likes

I’m currently working on that, more on a remake of certain content of the Salvaged Robots and adding features like automations and dev tools to allow more people to add their own automations easier. And other mods like No Rural that basically reduce the amount of farms sites generated on the overworld, everything to drive towards a more sci fi experience.

Probably today I’m gonna post the mod compilation.

4 Likes

You have a github? I cant find the file here and don’t know where to search.
My apologies if I don’t understand something, english is not my native language.

Um, I think your latest release for experimental is broken. I’m always using the latest CDDA experimental. When the game is loading the mods, it always crashes when it’s starting to load the mods from your compilation. And what I think broke it is the “id” update on the experimental master.

1 Like

Thats normal with experimental. Try paste the error, perhaps someone can help. There is a debug file in config subdir.

1 Like

Oh Malkeus I summon ty! Again…
Last time the blood of the three nerds whats not enough to summon you, I cant find virgins anywhere, today I bring you: magic players, trekkies and sw fans, the virginity is strong on them. Please accept this sacrifice and ear my plea!
The only Blaze that work in last experimental is yours, and look like “tanks” from Goat work nice together.
I made you “salvaged robot” call “modular_turrets_remake”, but its give an error about a necro and crash.
Can you give me instruction how to fix a single item and perhaps I can try fix the other myself?
The ones that belong to your compilation are: Blaze, “Salvaged_Robots_10511”.
“Modular_turrets_remake” was updated today.
Mod list:
[
“dda”,
“modular_turrets_remake”,
“Salvaged_Robots_10511”,
“civilian_salvaged_robots”,
“robot_automation”,
“DinoMod”,
“blazemod”,
“Tanks”
]
Any help is welcome.

Can you post the error? I’ll share my thoughts. I don’t remember what I did to that copy of blazemod in that earlier download. I do know I gave up on that remake because it’s still an early WIP and I didn’t care for it when I went digging.

I think the “Salvaged_Robots_10511” is the modified version by Goatgod and it’s pretty much in a very buggy stage. I recommend you to not use that mod in particular but maybe the problem is fixable with the debug info. Quit the game and try to load a world again, that will cause the game to show the debug info to take a screenshot.

(dbghelp: RtlUserThreadStart+0x21@0x7712c521[ntdll.dll+0x2c521]),
(backtrace_syminfo failed: errno = -1, msg = no symbol table in PE/COFF executable),
(backtrace_pcinfo failed: errno = -1, msg = no debug info in PE/COFF executable),
Backtrace emission took 1 seconds.
src/main_menu.cpp:1187 [bool main_menu::load_character_tab(bool)] Error: data/mods//Salvaged_Robots_10511/monsters.json: line 1:1: Monster attacks must specify type and/or id

[
^

{
“id”: “mon_zombie_necro”,

I know I m doing something dumb. There are two mods that do nearly same thing.
I ask Malkeus because I was impressed how Blaze was “tamed” and work in experimentals without the ammo errors.
Goat as is hands full because the monstrous amount of mods he tries to manage (I assume) and you just release a similar mod.
And I m incredible bored and frustrated, forced to spend my time in home alone, perhaps learn how to mod this game distract me a bit.
I try don’t bother (too much) your people , just ignore me if I become annoying.

Ah, that one. IIRC, I fixed this by replacing the mon_zombie_necro entry from salvaged robots with an exact copy of the mon_zombie_necro from vanilla cataclysm (data/json/monsters/zed_misc.json), but be sure to change the harvest line from “zombie” to “mon_zombie_necro”. For some reason the copy-from isn’t cooperating. Alternatively, you could delete the mon_zombie_necro entry entirely from salvaged robots, but you won’t be able to use that part of the mod if you go that route.
Watch out for them commas, they’ll bite ya.

2 Likes

Already face comas, scary things.
Thank you.

Its weird, the entry look normal. Perhaps “copy-from” is the problem, maybe now is called different?
I guess “copy-from” must be removed and I just overwrite all the monster info.
Edit: After several hours I discover that I confuse Salvaged with JuryRigged (face palm)
Apologies…

Error: ./mods//Arcana/skills.json: line 3:21: requested non-existing member “ident”

[
{
“type”: “skill”,
^
“id”: “magic”,
“name”: { “str”: “arcana” },
“description”: "Your knowledge of strange, anomalous powers from far-off worlds. While certain artifacts are beyond mortal understanding, this skill can be used for creating and using

I have lots of these in my debug log. I know some scripting so I fixed most of them but not all. Here’s another one.

Error: ./mods//Arcana/chargen/professions.json: line 9:26: must specify either ‘abstract’ or ‘ident’

},
{
“type”: “profession”,
^
“id”: “arcanist_apprentice”,
“name”: “Apprentice”,
“description”: "You were an aspiring student of a well-learned master of the mysterious arts. Sadly, you had only just begun your apprenticeship when your master was claimed by

I went through more than a hundred of these ‘"abstract or "ident’" errors. I’m always using the latest experimental. It was on Release 10610 when I got these. I also got this.

[void mapgen_factory::check_consistency()] Mapgen house is not used by anything

This kiboshed most of my starting locations. Of the more than 20 scenarios possible I only got 5.

1 Like