Game variants?

There are some variations from the codebase that exist, is there somewhere that lists them?

I tried having a look under forks on github, but there are quite a lot, and I’m not sure which ones have enough changes to be considered a variant/ different version of the game.
A few notable ones:

Cataclysm: DDA (duh)

The original cataclysm, by whales.

Cataclysm: Metal Gear Solid

I believe binaries were also available for the whales version that made significant changes, tis a shame the forums are no longer up.

I guess cataclysm 2 could technically be considered a variant, as it does pinch some code from the original.

Anybody aware of any other major variants? I’m aware of some big mods, however I’m primarily looking for significant forks, with quite a few changes.

Hold up. That’s a thing? Net’s real slow right now. Can barely post this, so I can’t check it out. Is it as updated and stuff as catadda?

Hold up. That’s a thing? Net’s real slow right now. Can barely post this, so I can’t check it out. Is it as updated and stuff as catadda?[/quote]

Nope, last updated in 2013.

Hold up. That’s a thing? Net’s real slow right now. Can barely post this, so I can’t check it out. Is it as updated and stuff as catadda?[/quote]

Nope, last updated in 2013.[/quote]
Sucks that most ascii and roguelike games I like are abandoned projects. Like ascii space (not sure if that’s its name)

Nope, last updated in 2013.[/quote]

Even if the variants aren’t up to date, or abandoned it would be good as to paint a picture of the history of Cataclysm.
I’m thinking there might be a few more outdated variants and such.

MSG is available here:

http://catmgs.freesmfhosting.com/index.php/topic,3.0.html

It, at one point, had some neat aspects DDA did not, as LazyCat was super fond of pointing out to everyone who would listen. It’s been forever since I’ve played it, but I’m fairly sure DDA has long surpassed it, at least in any way that counts. IIRC, it also has super annoying music that you can’t turn off. It’s a shame the source code isn’t available for it, regardless.

I don’t know where you’d find the original Cata anymore (probably Github), but besides having it for “history” sake, I don’t know why a guy would want it. DDA is obviously more than a couple years ahead.

Kicking furniture and zombies looks pretty cool, same with pets being able to ride in vehicles. Though from what I gathered, pets are closer to NPCs than they are to enemies.