Original Cataclysm and Cataclysm II

I’ve been all over the Internet, i cannot for the life of me find the original Cataclysm by Whales or Cataclysm 2! PLEASE! I want to see what this was all like! And please hurry, my power went out a minute ago, and it might happen again. ‘n’

Surce code or precompiled game?

Precompiled, assuming that means i can just download and play. Of course, if that isn’t a feasible option, i guess if you could walk me through on how i could compile them myself, i could.

I don’t have the experience, and I don’t know of any out-of-the-box compiled copies of Cataclysm 1 or 2. :frowning:

I’m not on a device that can test it right now, but the most recent windows executable I could actually download off the wayback machine archive for original cataclysm is here:
https://web.archive.org/web/20140130213330/http://whalesdev.com/download.php

I don’t know if it works, but it’s probably close enough if it does.

There’s links to a compiled Cata II on the forum someplace. Source code for either isn’t too hard to find.

Neither is great though, TBH. Cata II could have eventually surpassed DDA if it had actually gotten anywhere or someone else were to pick it up and continue with it. Cata I doesn’t have a few of the things I don’t like about DDA, but also has just about nothing else, including all the great things about DDA. It’s not really worth playing relative to this version.

I can upload the executable, ready-to-play version of the original Cataclysm for you when I return home. I’ll edit this message with a download link in about 3 hours.

Edit: Here you go. All tested and ready to go. A fun toy indeed.

[quote=“KliPeH, post:7, topic:13127”]I can upload the executable, ready-to-play version of the original Cataclysm for you when I return home. I’ll edit this message with a download link in about 3 hours.

Edit: Here you go. All tested and ready to go. A fun toy indeed.[/quote]

YEEEEES! Thank you so much!

Also, i love your signature! XD “You can’t pick up a liquid.” “AAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHH!!!”

EDIT: Erm…it downloaded a rar. file. …Now what do i do with it? :stuck_out_tongue: I clicked “Download with browser”. Is that what i was supposed to do?

Okay, i used the other link i was supplied and it worked. It’s so weird! Changing keybindings was too annoying to mess with, and having to play in the small window made it a bit hard. Having fun nonetheless though. My starting NPC was infected, and i kept bugging him for stuff, so eventually, he gave me something! What was it? Well the normal thing any survivor carries around! A DISMEMBERED HUMAN LEG.

You know, i think i might leave this guy to die of infection after all.

Yeah. I can’t upload folders just the way they are, I have to compress them into .rar packages so they can be downloaded by others. Save it somewhere on your desktop, right click it, select “Extract to Cataclysm…” (you need WinRAR to be able to do this, it’s free), then delete the original package and play from the new folder. Enjoy!