Fungal Spire

So i came upon a fungal spire near the city, and having found a LAW on a military corpse,i tried to destroy it.But it wasnt enought O_o.What are some good ways to get rid of it?

Automatic weapons work well. Just be prepared to look stupid when you unload all your guns and the spire is still standing.

Lots of explosions should work too. Bring a hack saw and an empty gallon jug to a gas station, smash up the display racks, and make like 20 pipe bombs.

If you happen to find a throwaway pickup truck, you could try ramming it through the spire. Alternatively you could get a car and use the roof to armor plate the front. If you decide to mod out a truck trailer, remember to add a seatbelt…

If you have a good electronics skill, this is an excellent opportunity to make a mini-nuke.

Bring lots of high AP value ammunition, and a big gun to fire them.

Actually, i did some science (cheated) and it took 3 shots with the law to take it down.

Raid a science facility for a fusion blaster arm, or raid a military base for a mininuke.

Both will make quick work of even the most stubborn spires, assuming you remember the cardinal rule for bad cataclysm things: if it is bad and burns, light it on fire.

You can kill it in any number of ways. Usually I just stand on the periphery of the fungal bed and plink it with whatever gun I happen to have on hand until it falls (most recent effort was with a Uzi 9mm). Fungal bed itself is flammable, so it’s entirely possible you could kill a fungal spire just by dropping some kindling near it and setting it alight, but I’ve never had the patience to try that, since fire takes time to spread and goes out if there’s rain.

Fungal spires aren’t difficult to take down at all really, it’s the triffid hearts that will kill you.

[quote=“halberdsturgeon, post:6, topic:1176”]You can kill it in any number of ways. Usually I just stand on the periphery of the fungal bed and plink it with whatever gun I happen to have on hand until it falls (most recent effort was with a Uzi 9mm). Fungal bed itself is flammable, so it’s entirely possible you could kill a fungal spire just by dropping some kindling near it and setting it alight, but I’ve never had the patience to try that, since fire takes time to spread and goes out if there’s rain.

Fungal spires aren’t difficult to take down at all really, it’s the triffid hearts that will kill you.[/quote]

They don’t burn to death, sadly, but fungaloids burn like gasoline. All you need to do is put out fires on your way to the spire and then shoot it while surrounded by your fiery wall of protection.

Throw a couple of molotovs at it to light the fungal bed on fire, and keep fungaloids from spawning. Then shoot as many high explosives as you can at the spire. It should eventually die.

You’ll still have to kill all the remaining fungaloids, of course.

I prefer precise application of force over such vulgar displays of aggression. I circle the spire till I have a clear shot at the fungal wall. I point my finger mounted laser at the spire and make the intervening wall go poof. I empty my fusion gun on the spire. At this point I either reload my fusion gun and repeat the early steps as necessary or just continue shooting laser beams at the spire. Once the spire is down I get rid of remaining fungal wall. Now I can either walk away and let the fungaloids despawn or grind them into dust beneath my car.

I just managed to go after a fungal spire in a thunder storm. I like to make bonfires too.

i haven’t had much experience in the department, usually i just drive past them waving, but i had a lot of luck with a man-hack once. it just kept on manhacking away as i pottered around. slow, plodding, but it got there with little danger to myself.