Are Fungal Spires supposed to burn?

It seems like mine don’t. Everything around it burns but the spire itself doesn’t seem to take any damage.

They didn’t in 02Feb, a long long time ago. Try heavy weaponry, explosives, or BodyByCaterpillar™* & melee.

*http://www.wiki.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?title=Hydraulic_Muscles

Bring heavy weaponry, preferably ones with range an lots or armor penetration like .45s.

I found out the hard way thata few molotovs and a bow with wooden arrows weren’t enough to seriously hurt the spire. It does clear out everything around it though, which is nice.

I generally use explosives, and clean up with an SMG. A mininuke or C4 to soften it up, then a molotov and a few pipe bombs to take out the spire itself, followed by gunning down everything else indiscriminately. This has the unfortunate side effect of sometimes burst firing at random nearby squirrels, but thats the cost of haste.

Ever since I found a cache of mininuke in a lab, my standard operating procedure has been to ride by, launch 2 or 3 mininukes and just go on do something more interesting.

Now, about triffids grove. Do you need a jackhammer to take down the heart?

Yeah, I guess I’ll try using a LAW tonight or something.

I did dip into a triffid grove momentarily and was annoyed that the roots wouldn’t burn.

[quote=“Sheb, post:5, topic:1060”]Ever since I found a cache of mininuke in a lab, my standard operating procedure has been to ride by, launch 2 or 3 mininukes and just go on do something more interesting.

Now, about triffids grove. Do you need a jackhammer to take down the heart?[/quote]
No, but yes. On the Triffid Heart level, the Heart can and will close up walls fairly rapidly, and no, they don’t burn. But get within molotov/flamer range of the Heart and it’ll burn just fine. Theoretically, if it locked you in the walls collapse once the Heart dies. In practice, yeah, I’d go with the J-Hammer.

[quote=“KA101, post:7, topic:1060”][quote=“Sheb, post:5, topic:1060”]Ever since I found a cache of mininuke in a lab, my standard operating procedure has been to ride by, launch 2 or 3 mininukes and just go on do something more interesting.

Now, about triffids grove. Do you need a jackhammer to take down the heart?[/quote]
No, but yes. On the Triffid Heart level, the Heart can and will close up walls fairly rapidly, and no, they don’t burn. But get within molotov/flamer range of the Heart and it’ll burn just fine. Theoretically, if it locked you in the walls collapse once the Heart dies. In practice, yeah, I’d go with the J-Hammer.[/quote]
heeeres’ JACKIE! >:D

Damn, I can’t see anything but that guy from Psycho wearing a berét while breaking down a wall of roots with a jackhammer.