Fullscreen resolution issues

Obviously this only applies to the tile version, and It happens on both my PC’s, ones Windows 8 the other is win XP.

I notice that when I’m fullscreen the menus and the text get really zoomed in, to the point where I cant read most item descriptions fully. Also my ‘view’ of my character and the are around them is much smaller than it should be, even with/without the zoom commands.

When I set terminal size the tile version works just fine. Only the ‘fullscreen’ option gives me the strange resolution.

Not a big deal because I usually don’t play with tiles anyway, but some people might find it annoying if I’m not the only one having the issue. It seems like windows defaults the fullscreen resolution to a really low amount, probably easy to fix.

Windows (at least Windows 8.1) automatically resizes programs if you have a high-definition monitor. It’s really stupid. This is definitely going to happen if you’re running in windowed, but I don’t know if it applies to fullscreen. Regardless, try disabling DPI scaling in cataclysm-tiles.exe’s Properties:

• Right-click cataclysm-tiles.exe
  • Select ‘Properties’ in the context menu
  • Select the ‘Compatibility’ tab in the properties window
  • Check ‘Disable display scaling on high DPI settings’
  • Press ‘Apply’