Resolution issues

Hey, been pretty fond of this RL for years now, but haven’t been able to get into it properly because of some UI issues. My monitor’s resolution is 1366x768, and it doesn’t seem to want to play nice with Cata. Windowed (not sure were borderless windowed mode is located for that matter) displays everything correctly and sharp, albeit a bit smaller than 1366 across. Fullscreen retains the crispness and the main menu and options menu look fine, but in game the status bar on the right has its right edge extend out of bounds of the screen, along with inventory and other such menus that occupy the whole screen, having their left edge extend out of bounds. I could play at the lowest terminal sizes, but then the tiles lose their sharpness and the status bar dominated more than half the screen. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

I think it may be a scaling issue where the calculated screen size is slightly too large for the window based on font size settings combined with terminal row/column counts. What terminal sizes and font sizes are you using?

Thanks for your thoughts. The terminal width is 167 which results in 1366, and the terminal height is 48 which results in 768. Have no idea what the font sizes are, or the proper place to look.

Thanks for your thoughts. The terminal width is 167 which results in 1366, and the terminal height is 48 which results in 768. Have no idea what the font sizes are, or the proper place to look.[/quote]

Font size is not your issue.

Decrease Terminal Height and Width by 1 pt each. Set Fullscreen Type to Windowed Borderless. Right-Click Cataclysm executable, go to compatibility setting and check the box beside Override High DPI scaling behavior. In the dropdown below that says “Scaling Performed by:” select System. This combination of settings should resolve the issue.

Edit: Also make sure that No Scaling is selected in the Graphics menu for Cataclysm under “Scaling Mode”.

Guessing these are all features for dev builds rather than the old Cooper stable. Will nab it and do some messing around.

EDIT: Thanks, windowed borderless did the trick perfectly. Appreciate the help. Only super minor gripe is the right edge of the screen beyond the status UI (as in, not part of it) can get colored gray/yellow when I mess with zoom levels, seemingly permanently until I relaunch.

EDIT 2: To clarify, I think the gray/yellow bar (which can go back to plain old black if I mash zoom and get lucky) might be some sort of HoM/blank undefined area color?