Frostbite

Hey, just started playing the game. Tried to sleep while I was cold (wearing 2 t shirts, tank top, 67 degrees) and lo and behold…

Woke up at midnight with a frostbitten face. Blisters all over. Did a forum search and saw there have been some temperature issues but didn’t see anything like what happened to my guy, any help would be appreciated.

Wear more clothes is pretty much the only option…Unless you get the furry (or feathers?) mutation. Or fires if you dont mind burning through a massive source

Yeah I’m spending the night at a farmhouse and I’ve burned like 6 wardrobes already haha…

My main worry is that this is the Three Bear’s farmhouse and they’ll come home to find someone sleeping in the little bear’s bed…and I’m still there!

Oh gawd…IM HAUNTED BY BEARS

what version are you playing? frostbite is now hardcoded down to around 35F or so. also find a scarf, filter mask or gas mask, those warm your face.

maybe his not playing the latest git? Im not

shoes said .4 if i’m not mistaken

.5 will add more pretties to craft

but .4 should mostly be free of temp bugs, if not let him know, he’s the temperature guru (as per my designation just now)

.4 is fine for temp so must be old version

I was using the latest compiled version, it was really strange, I woke up blistered all over but after maybe 10 or 20 turns my character just went back to regular Cold. I’m sorry I didn’t take a screenshot, I’ll try and remember to do that next time something weird comes up.

Yeah, that’s happened to me too. For me, the blisters disappear after one turn, and then my body warms up. It is odd and most definitely related to saving and loading. I probably missed something simple there.

I think there’s a bug where when the game is loaded some values aren’t initialized, so they can be crazy things like -50F or something, which ends up in you losing a massive amount of temperature in the few turns it takes to stabilize. This has been addressed recently, so hopefully it won’t happen any more.

Ugh, not frostbite but still running into cold. Tried to sleep, woke up at 2AM with nothing cold, 60F, with my least warm body part (hands) at 20.

If I run a git build will it fix it?

[quote=“pingpong, post:12, topic:1088”]Ugh, not frostbite but still running into cold. Tried to sleep, woke up at 2AM with nothing cold, 60F, with my least warm body part (hands) at 20.

If I run a git build will it fix it?[/quote]
The gitbuild has a much more balanced temperature model, yes (though you would of course need to start a new character).