Fear And Loathing in The Apocalypse Updated

I wish I had some help on this. I’m sort of drained, motivationally and imagination-wise.

Since we talked on IRC I’ve been looking at making drugs fully definable in json pretty intensively, so far I have this definition worked out:

"use_effect" : { "disease":{ "type":"high", "duration":15 }, "hunger":-10, "field":"cracksmoke" "need":{ "apparatus": 1, "fire": 1 } },
The issues remaining here are that “high” and “cracksmoke” are defined in the c++ code, so we can’t make their definitions available, but when we do that part will become moddable as well.
There are probably some special effects that we can’t treat this way, but this gets like 70% or so of the drug effects turned into pure data, and the remaining special effects will be smaller and easier to modify, and we’ll keep poking at those…

Awesome. The more modularized the game becomes, the more modifiable it is. This ought to make it significantly easier to create custom chems and such.

Awesome. The more modularized the game becomes, the more modifiable it is. This ought to make it significantly easier to create custom chems and such.

Read about what you’re up to in terms of json-ificating drug effects, Kevin. Lots of interest in that one.

I’d like to see customizable hallucinations too if that’s possible. Let’s compare the effects of datura to acid for example…

Completely different hallucinations, ant-cholinergics are.
Nightmarish 12 hour long ordeals.

I’d like to be able to create good hallucinations and bad hallucinations and designate them for different drugs.
Like, crack addicts seeing coke-bugs. Wait, I think that’s already implemented.

Also, I’d like to be able to create DI_METH-like effects for each drug.
Because that allows a person to add some pretty nifty messages to meth. But each drug could be like that. Hell, each serum could too.
DI_HEROIN, DI_PINKTABLETS, DI_ADDERALL, DI_CUSTOM, DI_PRESCRIPTIONPKILL1-5, DI-PKILLCUSTOM, DI-STIMCUSTOM…
Right now, only the code for meth allows for really indepth drug effects.
Or it was like that the last time I checked the source and took a crack at .ccp coding.

Here are some examples I have actually working:

"use_action" : {
    "type" : "consume_drug",
    "activation_message" : "You shoot up.",
    "tools_needed" : { "syringe" : 1 },
    "diseases" : { "pkill3" : 80, "pkill2" : 200 }
},
"use_action" : {
    "type" : "consume_drug",
    "activation_message" : "You smoke your crack rocks.  Mother would be proud.",
    "diseases" : { "high": 15 },
    "stat_adjustments": {"hunger" : -10},
    "fields_produced" : {"cracksmoke" : 2},
    "charges_needed" : { "fire" : 1 },
    "tools_needed" : { "apparatus" : -1 }
},

They work exactly the same as they used to, but more should be easier to add or modify.
Yea, still need to drill down to diseases, addictions, etc and give them the same treatment, one step at a time.

Sorry for the necro, does this mod still work?

Judging from the file I downloaded, it was never a mod. More of an overhaul that TheGrifter compiled himself. It’s a shame too, looks interesting. It looks like Kevin Granade did some work on bringing it into the fold last year, but nothing seems to have come of it.

Was never really balanced from what I remember. Bunch of overpowered vanilla drugs and that’s about it.
Shouldn’t be too tricky to recreate.