Fast Metabolism and constantly starving

save got buggered so started a new character, still took fast metabolism cause stamina regen is pretty nifty but also took gourmand cause I saw it lets me eat more, seems to help

Fast Metab does still seem a little dramatic, at least in the messaging.

I donā€™t think Iā€™ve lost much actual weight (I should probably grab one of those new bathroom scales, hmm?), but I get pretty regular messages about needing more calorie rich food, which is more than a little giggle inducing when my characterā€™s diet currently consists primarily of glazed ham, lasagna, and a virtually steady stream of chocolate/nuts as they wander around hacking down zeds.

A trait that makes you so calorie dependent that you canā€™t actually ingest enough food to survive seems like it should get updated - that or the messaging is just wrong?

Yeah, Iā€™ve dealt with my hyper metabolism by literally just holding off on getting fully mutated before i get the recycler and expanded digestive system CBMs from shockers, scientists and others. I usually just hack them apart until i find all the CBMs I need then mutate. Itā€™s still sort of a pain, but I get by. Gourmand and hyper metabolism still doesnā€™t prevent puking, or at least messages that iā€™m overeating. Then again, hyper metabolism used to be pretty overpowered since all I needed to do to heal to full was to butcher a zombie and chow down.

Oh, Iā€™m not even talking about the actual mutation - just the starting character trait is apparently enough to force you to basically eat constantly to maintain weight.

that sounds like a bug to me.

Certainly feels like it. I get no health from having food ā€œfill me outā€ and ā€œconvertā€ to hp, just some flavor text. I still puke from overeating too. It worked before the nutritional/food overhaul, so iā€™m guessing itā€™s having issues with it for now.

lil update, before I wasnt even activating gourmand so yeah that helps alot for when you wanna gain loads of weight, but if you do get overweight then just deactivate gourmand and dont bother eating until you get messages, i took hates fruit and veg caus either are only viable if im actively trying to lose weight and I prefer to just maintain my weight and be able to adventure for some time without having to worry about becoming emaciated
the expanded digestive system cbm can prettymuch negate the offset of fast metabolism and make gourmand unnessesary but surviving long enough without it is difficult enough to make gourmand still worth taking
multivitamins are my bane and my lifeline atm