Farm Poppies?

My character wants to make inordinate amounts of medical mutagen. It seems that my main option for gathering the necessary ingredients is poppies, but there doesn’t seem to be a way to plant and grow more poppies, only to consume the poppies found out in the wild.

A few other random questions:
Is there a way to plant trees?
Is there a craftable item similar to caffeine pills? vitamins?

There is no way to plant poppies and dahlias.
No technical reasons, just not implemented.

There is a technical reason for not being able to plant trees, though it could be done with hacks.

So THAT’s what dahlias are for?

I was curious how to get medical mutagen…

Could specific (fruit) tree species be copied and added as farmable plants? Would harvesting destroy the tree? Is that where the hack comes in?

Is it in real-life possible to rip out a tree with roots intact and everything and replant it at another location, using suitably heavy machinery? I mean, like, who has time to grow saplings. It probably takes AT LEAST a few years before any sapling would grow and yield fruit…

Tree relocation could be a multi-skill operation. Construction 3 & Mechanics 3 & Survival 3? First you’d have to dig around the roots and expose them, and try to minimize the damage…

On caffeine or other stimulants…
All I can think of is coffee, but that requires coffee beans. Not sure if tea is equally strong stuff in the game.
I think makeshift vitamin pills is called food. :stuck_out_tongue: You could basically designate a container strictly for foods that contain each of the specific nutrients. A food rich in vit-C, a food rich in vit-A and so on.

[quote=“BeerBeer, post:4, topic:12493”]Is it in real-life possible to rip out a tree with roots intact and everything and replant it at another location, using suitably heavy machinery? I mean, like, who has time to grow saplings. It probably takes AT LEAST a few years before any sapling would grow and yield fruit…

Tree relocation could be a multi-skill operation. Construction 3 & Mechanics 3 & Survival 3? First you’d have to dig around the roots and expose them, and try to minimize the damage…[/quote]

Yes, I’ve seen it done, but it is very hard on the tree, so they die afterwards sometimes.

Also, for anything more than a sapling, the machinery involved is VERY large. Try mechanics 8 or so.