Exploding zombies

So I’ve been playing some good characters, only to have them blown to bits once a zombie walked into a fire next to him. The zombie explodes like 5 times, is it because of some ammo dropping and then exploding because fire?

If it’s a zombie solider (or police officer? Sometimes standard zeds?) yes. Zed Soldiers almost always drop ammo.

No its not, just random zombies. But yeah I assume its just the ammo burning and then exploding. Shame since fire is my favorite method for getting rid of a bunch of zombies.

how often is it happening?

Standard Zs can drop ammo too.

I also found standard Z’s with grenades.

I’ve lost several characters to having a zombie in a fire drop some kind of ammo, making them explode at least twice.

You can abuse this in your favor, too - light a fire and step back, when zombies get close, throw a single 00 shot into the fire. It’s like an explodes-on-contact grenade.

Yep, fire, including cooking off ammo could stand to be nerfed all around.
The fire shouldn’t instantly set zombies on fire. (non-raging fire at least)
Same with items in the fire, they shouldn’t start burning instantly.
Fire spread is over-agressive once it gets a bit large. (it’s fairly well contained if it’s small)
Setting fires shouldn’t happen so fast. (a zombie is coming at you, you have about 30 seconds. Is dropping a 2x4 and lighting it to build a wall of fire really a reasonable response?)
Probably some more stuff.

As it is, I think it’s over-agressive but somewhat balanced, it’s a very powerful tool, but it can easily turn on you.

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:8, topic:4143”]Yep, fire, including cooking off ammo could stand to be nerfed all around.
The fire shouldn’t instantly set zombies on fire. (non-raging fire at least)
Same with items in the fire, they shouldn’t start burning instantly.
Fire spread is over-agressive once it gets a bit large. (it’s fairly well contained if it’s small)
Setting fires shouldn’t happen so fast. (a zombie is coming at you, you have about 30 seconds. Is dropping a 2x4 and lighting it to build a wall of fire really a reasonable response?)
Probably some more stuff.

As it is, I think it’s over-agressive but somewhat balanced, it’s a very powerful tool, but it can easily turn on you.[/quote]

Also a stack of bullets shouldn’t explode with force enough to knock down walls. If anything, it should fire a variable percentage of the bullets in random directions at reduced range and power.