How did I die?

I’m playing with PK’s Rebalance mod.

I threw a Molotov at a group of zombies. After a few seconds, it created a nice little field of fire and I proceeded to pick off zombies nearby as they struggled through the flames.

Then suddenly, a huge explosion ripped through and killed my torso through my leather vest.

What happened? Are molotovs on a delayed explosion? I tried to understand from the deathcam and the notes, but I didn’t see anything except “your leather vest is torn!” and my torso going flatline.

The most likely thing that killed you was one of the zombies you killed was carrying some ammo’ and that exploded due to being dropped in a fire field

Could’ve been there was grenadier zombies in the field with you there. Grenadier zombies are absolute assholes, they throw grenades and drop c-4 on death that is active and will explode.

Hahaha, yeah. The first one I killed, I looted right away only to find Active C4(1)

You can imagine how hard I thought about my next move, kek.

Yea. Zombies carry ammo on them.

Different zoms have different chances to carry them.

Ammo will cook off, and sometimes even take a few turns in fire to start to.

Generally if you torch a zombie, dont hang around to loot it or do it asap and get away. Advanced inventory management is the safest way to loot zombies in fire.

Grenadiers will drop active hacks, but will also drop a bunch of inactive hacks that will be destroyed if you dont loot them. Insidebuildings or around trees, you will benefit from eating the damage to loot rare explosives on hacks.

It actually exploded though, with what looked like a multi-hex explosion. There were only fat zombies, swimming zombies and standard zombies as well.

I might back up my saves more going forward, and take a debug to make sure that its not some random buggery killing me.

[quote=“Arkenstone, post:6, topic:12539”]It actually exploded though, with what looked like a multi-hex explosion. There were only fat zombies, swimming zombies and standard zombies as well.

I might back up my saves more going forward, and take a debug to make sure that its not some random buggery killing me.[/quote]

You might have accidentally lit up the fuel tank on a vehicle. I’ve had that happen.

Were you using Tank mod? All turrets were automatic for a while.

Standard zombies can spawn ammo on death as well.