Expanding Lore and Detail (Update: 8-4-13)

We’ve added another 3 people to the project. From the looks of things these guys are very talented and I see them adding a lot to this project.

I’m down to help out.

Just point me in the right direction!

[quote=“Rivet, post:42, topic:334”]I’m down to help out.

Just point me in the right direction![/quote]

Any particular section that interests you?

I’m not picky, just point me to where I’m needed.

There is a lot of creativity going on in the Diary and Notes.

I like it. I might help later…

Gotcha, are you any good at descriptive writing? We need a lot of work done in the Mob Lore section. If you are alright with doing that then please read the Mob Lore document (All the information at the top) and let me know your email and I will add you in.

Cool, feel free to reach out when you’re ready.

Um, I’m free to find that Lore of yours. I’ll drop by with suggestions, if any.

It seems like I’m the only one adding anything new to the Diary and Notes section haha.

I’m still waiting to hear back so I can help out.

Rivet, please look 2 or 3 posts above this. I asked you a question that you have yet to answer. I will also need your email either posted here or PMed to me so I know what section to add you to.

Thanks for your work so far. Everything has been great. I’m going to try and ensure everyone on the project gets added to the contributors/credits list of the game.

Do you wish to give suggestions or to actively contribute to the project? If you actively wish to contribute then are you most interested in descriptive or creative writing? Right now I’m trying to get some people on the descriptive writing of the mob lore since they all need to be written before an in game feature is implemented (Kevin said he would implement it if we created the content).

I’ve already answered your question as well as sent you my email. That’s why I’m still waiting. Please check your messages.

I’ve already answered your question as well as sent you my email. That’s why I’m still waiting. Please check your messages.[/quote]

That is indeed my bad. I normally receive an email when I get PMs.

You have been added to the Mob Lore project. Welcome to the team!

Do you wish to give suggestions or to actively contribute to the project? If you actively wish to contribute then are you most interested in descriptive or creative writing? Right now I'm trying to get some people on the descriptive writing of the mob lore since they all need to be written before an in game feature is implemented (Kevin said he would implement it if we created the content).

I’m fairly new to the concept when players actually create the story for the game they play; at this point, I’d like to see what’s “open” and what is yet “closed” for editing. My first idea was that of the Lore, “as-is”, finding its form - and I snatched that to check it. At first, I liked it. Never said I won’t help. And I’m saying, actively help out on my own, and if needed.

I’m currently filling out as many empty slots as I can while fixing grammar and such.

It really seems to me that we could finish this whole project in one evening if we just buckle down.

[quote=“vultures, post:54, topic:334”]

Do you wish to give suggestions or to actively contribute to the project? If you actively wish to contribute then are you most interested in descriptive or creative writing? Right now I’m trying to get some people on the descriptive writing of the mob lore since they all need to be written before an in game feature is implemented (Kevin said he would implement it if we created the content).

I’m fairly new to the concept when players actually create the story for the game they play; at this point, I’d like to see what’s “open” and what is yet “closed” for editing. My first idea was that of the Lore, “as-is”, finding its form - and I snatched that to check it. At first, I liked it. Never said I won’t help. And I’m saying, actively help out on my own, and if needed.[/quote]

Right now we are in need of people working on the descriptive stuff. Mainly the Mob Lore that Rivet is referring to. might you be interested in that?

[quote=“Rivet, post:55, topic:334”]I’m currently filling out as many empty slots as I can while fixing grammar and such.

It really seems to me that we could finish this whole project in one evening if we just buckle down.[/quote]

Something like this is never really finished. You might finish an iteration but open source is a living breathing thing. If the project survives then these things will likely continue to be created and edited. That’s the beauty of it.

Well I’m knocking it off for the night. I’ve added in descriptions for the missing forest creatures, most of the plant monsters, and all the Lovecraftian beasts. Fixed a bunch of typos and grammatical errors too.

I’ll put my nose back to the grindstone again tomorrow.

[quote=“Rivet, post:57, topic:334”]Well I’m knocking it off for the night. I’ve added in descriptions for the missing forest creatures, most of the plant monsters, and all the Lovecraftian beasts. Fixed a bunch of typos and grammatical errors too.

I’ll put my nose back to the grindstone again tomorrow.[/quote]

Everything you wrote was absolute gold. Thank you for the great work.

Go to the Library, and go to the sticky at the top.

We have pages of stuff for lore that’s ready to be put in, but hasn’t. Hopefully somebody could make “notes” spawn and have the same system as fliers, I’ve written lots for that purpose…

A nitpick: the game already displays damage adjectives when 'e’xamining, so the ‘it seems to be healthy’ line in expanded mob descriptions doesn’t seem necessary.