Expanding Lore and Detail (Update: 8-4-13)

Well today was a bit of a bust. I added very little but picked at a few errors I’d missed. Hopefully tomorrow will be less busy IRL so I can buckle back down on it.

There will be behavior that will probably be added and removed. I’ve still got to talk to kevin about it a little more.

Okay I’ve filled in all the spider monsters along with notations as to the particular base creatures whenever possible as well as modified the camouflaged tentacle dog’s description slightly. If I have more time this evening I’ll do more entries.

Update: Back from RL for now, I have added in descriptions for the fungus monsters.

Updated the OP to correct the sex of one of our contributors (Sorry Rivet!). Now would also be a good time to take a look at all the lore if you haven’t already. There has been a ton of progress!

My statement still holds true. I’ve written SO much stuff for EXACTLY this purpose.

Okay all the ‘netherworld inhabitants’ monsters have now been filled in.

I might try tackling robots next time.

My statement still holds true. I’ve written SO much stuff for EXACTLY this purpose.[/quote]

Why did you just quote yourself? lmao

It might be nice if the project gave him some indication of whether it wants his stuff? I think he wants it included.

It might be nice if the project gave him some indication of whether it wants his stuff? I think he wants it included.[/quote][quote=“Rivet, post:66, topic:334”]Okay all the ‘netherworld inhabitants’ monsters have now been filled in.

I might try tackling robots next time.[/quote]

I will take a look at things later. If it fits the existing writing style we go for then we might integrate things.

It takes thirty seconds, man. I wrote so much stuff.

There’s no rush, dude lol.

Sorry I’ve been occupied lately with stuffing the next release full of new toys.

I’ll probably get back on this project as soon as we have the next stable release.

I still wrote a LOT OF STUFF. It’s not going anywhere. It’s trivial to go and read it. Anybody who works on this project clearly has writer’s block by now. Maybe you should search for inspiration.

I want to help with this project. Seems interesting.

I’d be happy to lend a hand here. I was one of the best creative writers in my English classes in High School. I feel I would be good at writing lore and notes/journals and a benefit to this project.

Hey folks. This project died on the vine as we were waiting on a few PRs related to expanding creature descriptions.

Those have been added LONNNNGGG ago.

If anyone would like to help continue this, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

I’ve had some updates on the currently accepted lore.

https://cataclysmdda.org/design-doc/ and https://cataclysmdda.org/lore-background.html and https://cataclysmdda.org/technology.html

A pull request has been opened for many of the notes

I still do not believe that the notes/journal/books system is ideal and believe improvements could be made, I am awaiting further comment by other contributors.

The following issue is open for improvements to snippets

I would suggest you vote on this issue if you care about lore and flavor on this project