Moar lore!

Not that I have any lore to give but I’d be curious to hear up on it. Even if it’s just news stories.

Can we get some additional lore into the game? Functional terminals in homes with emails on them, news stories on the desks in Radio Stations (…Or TV stations if we ever get them…) letters, phone call logs, etc?

I have no problem implementing these things if I can get the go-ahead but I’m not a brilliant writer… XD

I figure the hardest part is making them not feel stale, like much of the labnotes are

1 flyer for each CBM lmao.

[size=8pt]I have actually thought about going over the current lore and beefing it up some and expanding on it some. Then submitting it to see who all would approve of it. Not 100% sure if I will though.[/size]

I think it might be interesting to put in situation appropriate notes left by people - find messages in stashes surrounded with traps, find a message scrawled in blood next to corpses, find mission descriptions with soldiers/scientists, maybe something like a video camera with a description of the video feed on it with dealer corpses, diaries of survival in houses, maybe even things that contribute to skills.

YOU
SHOULD
READ
THIS

Seriously read that thread

I’ve posted a page’s worth of notes that I really, really want somebody to implement soon. They’re in format and everything.

GUHHHHHHHH

EDIT:

[quote=“kilozombie, post:68, topic:997”][quote=“kilozombie, post:56, topic:997”] { "category": "note", "text": "This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: \"I made mushroom babies. My arms hurt. I hurt. I had mushroom babies. They are growing now.\"" }, { "category": "note", "text": "This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: \"It doesn't matter how you die. You're gonna turn into one of them.\"" }, { "category": "note", "text": "This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: \"WHY DO ALL THE DEAD CHILDREN GO TO SCHOOL\"" }, { "category": "note", "text": "This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: \"The copbots... the turrets... they just fucking ignore them.\"" }, { "category": "note", "text": "This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: \"Don't keep your goddamn casings! They'll just weigh you down.\"" }, { "category": "note", "text": "This is a hastily scrawled-on note, with a splotch of blood on it. It reads: \"blood of the zombie king\"" }, { "category": "note", "text": "This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: \"Local auto shop is full of the things. And to think I worked with them on repairing cars... now they're just... fucking corpses.\"" }, { "category": "note", "text": "This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: \"DON'T EAT THE SLIME DON'T EAT THE SLIME DON'T EAT THE SLIME\"" }, { "category": "note", "text": "This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: \"I used to be human. But... my arms... they are like tentacles. I slither along akin to a snail and I shed my feathers every day.\"" }, { "category": "note", "text": "This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: \"I don't have enough time to double tap. You don't either.\"" }, { "category": "note", "text": "This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: \"BLUE ONES RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN\"" }, { "category": "note", "text": "This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: \"Are they still human inside?\"" }, { "category": "note", "text": "This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: \"the eye it watches me it follows me everywhere help\"" }, { "category": "note", "text": "This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: \"tHE Portal it's so COld\"" }, { "category": "note", "text": "This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: \"I can wear two backpacks! Fuck, I'm good.\"" }, { "category": "note", "text": "This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: \"They build modern bullets fuckin crazy. Set one on fire and it goes like a grenade.\"" }, { "category": "note", "text": "This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: \"GOD CAN'T SAVE US\"" }, { "category": "note", "text": "This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: \"SHOOT YOURSELF, LET IT END QUICKLY\"" }, { "category": "note", "text": "This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: \"There are five basic rules to survival. One, stay prepared and watchful. Two, keep your iron sights lined up or succumb. Three, stay FAR WAY from all\"" }, { "category": "note", "text": "This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: \"The bricks of this bathroom look like a face. Haha... it's all I can focus on. At least let me shit before you break down the door. Please...\"" }, { "category": "note", "text": "This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: \"What the hell are they mining for in these shafts?\"" }, [/quote]

{ "category": "note", "text": "This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: \"The gas the gas the gas spreads forever\"" }, { "category": "note", "text": "This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: \"Most things can be taken out with a shotgun. More things can be taken out with a grenade. Imagine what a mini-nuke does.\"" }, { "category": "note", "text": "This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: \"My friend gave me lit dynamite, but it hasn't exploded yet... three hour fuse?!\"" }, { "category": "note", "text": "This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: \"Come to the bar if you see this, let's re-enact a zombie movie, friends.\"" }, { "category": "note", "text": "This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: \"They are NOT slow! They are NEVER slow!\"" }, { "category": "note", "text": "This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: \"I had a phobia of bees BEFORE they grew to enormous sizes.\"" }, { "category": "note", "text": "This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: \"Your backpack's gonna weigh you down in the water. Hell, feel free to get naked. Nobody's going to judge your modesty.\"" }, { "category": "note", "text": "This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: \"Guns too loud. Crossbow too long. Running is best.\"" }, { "category": "note", "text": "This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: \"99% dead? I'd like to see a million zombies on Wall Street."" }, { "category": "note", "text": "This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: \"Crawled in through the vents. Whole office building is infested.\"" }, { "category": "note", "text": "This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: \"Don't shoot the people who get bit! It's OK! Death is the only thing that makes you reanimate!\"" }, { "category": "note", "text": "This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: \"Zombies, walkers, dead ones, undead, reanimated, zed, animata, biters. Did I miss any?\"" }, { "category": "note", "text": "This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: \"I... I attached a lawn mower. To the front of my car.\"" }, { "category": "note", "text": "This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: \"I left a stash of rechargeable batteries in my safe and apparently the goddamn zombie Tooth Fairy has taken them all.\"" }, { "category": "note", "text": "This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: \"All I've got is this keg of beer and an appetite. Come at me, apocalypse!\"" }, { "category": "note", "text": "This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: \"My cousin says that murder nowadays is just a war crime. War for what, I don't know, since the undead seem to be rebels without a cause.\"" }, { "category": "note", "text": "This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: \"SWAMPS RUN SWAMPS NO SWAMPS RUN\"" }, { "category": "note", "text": "This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: \"dog bit off my legs, magical hospital make all better\"" }, { "category": "note", "text": "This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: \"They said a walking cane was a useless weapon... but then I hit one of them with it.\"" }, { "category": "note", "text": "This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: \"River water around these parts is extremely safe. Probably more safe than the damn tap water at this point.\"" }, { "category": "note", "text": "This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: \"DON't bomB THe PORtals it MAKES iT WORSE\"" }, { "category": "note", "text": "This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: \"No wonder all the camps got overrun, they kept a goddamn zombie test subject! Each and every one of 'em!\"" }, { "category": "note", "text": "This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: \"I just realized how damn demented those fliers are.\"" }, { "category": "note", "text": "This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: \"I propose a new currency: 9mm.\"" }, { "category": "note", "text": "This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: \"Something wrong, with cars..., ram, and,. my spedometer read six hundred.,.thousand can't feel lungs,\"" }, { "category": "note", "text": "This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: \"Somehow I managed to fit an entire goddamn lemon into this makeshift battery.\"" }, { "category": "note", "text": "This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: \"My skin is crawling and I teleport every few minutes.. what is going o\"" }, { "category": "note", "text": "This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: \"You can't see them through the smoke but they can't either.\"" }, [/quote][quote=“kilozombie, post:67, topic:997”][code]
{
“category”: “note”,
“text”: “This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: “I am one with the plants.””
},
{
“text”: “This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: “Broadsword! Yeah!””
},
{
“text”: “This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: “If you see a trail of dirt getting displaced in your direction… run. Run for your life.””
},
{
“text”: “This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: “Don’t fall down a nuclear silo, they left 'em all open””
},
{
“text”: “This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: “DINT ATE THE MUSHROM””
},
{
“text”: “This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: “Libraries are useless after the apocalypse.””
},
{
“text”: “This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: “I swear to God I’ve seen these plant things before! In a book, or something! I swear…””
},
{
“text”: “This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: “Is robbing a bank easier or harder now that all the guards are undead?””
},
{
“text”: “This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: “Make sure your car is REALLY stopped before you get out.””
},
{
“text”: "This is a hastily scrawled-on note, on what seems to be a tent flap.

they came in the night
i thought it was ok i thought it was going to be ok in the fema camp it was going to be ok.
the pits of corpses, they started to all get up and we were fine the soldiers shot at them for a while and
then this big thing, a mass of flesh and anger broke through our fence and they all funneled in.
we huddled in our tents and they didn’t hear us
until they did.
first it was the tent across from ours, one of them got angry and yelled and
the screams the damn screams
then the next one they couldn’t have been too loud but they heard it
me and four others were stuck, just watching helplessly as one or two people would run out at a time
with their, what, pipe or knife, and thought they could be the hero and we watched as they screamed and died and attracted more to the rip in the tent
i did the same thing. i ripped through and i made a break for the metal building and frank shot at me and i don’t
i don’t know how i made it but now they’re everywhere. they’re banging on the doors and it’s only a matter of time
},
{
“text”: “This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: “I found some kind of stone pyramid with spikes. I feel… I feel like I’m being watched.””
},
{
“text”: “This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: “Why would you ever hide in a damn gun store? The owner… he was a moron alright.””
},
{
“text”: “This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: “This apocalypse will be good for the US financial crisis””
},
{
“text”: “This is a receipt for a local restaurant. The recipient ordered eight burgers.”
},
{
“text”: "This is a receipt for a book store. The recipient bought a few novels and a textbook.
},
{
“text”: “This is a receipt for a pet shop. The recipient bought (in scribbled letters) a “ZOMBIE DOG””
},
{
“text”: "This is a summary for a mystery novel. It’s pretty well written.
},
{
“text”: “This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: “Is a concussion and a brain bleed enough to keep them from coming back up? I did an autopsy and the patient’s locked in his room. I’d hate to put him through more pain.””
},
{
“text”: “This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: “THEY DON’T feel ANYTHING””
},
{
“text”: “This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: “What was XEDRA doing, anyway?””
},
{
“text”: “This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: “Is that one pharmaceutical company gonna come out with a, like, cure for this anytime soon?””
},
{
“text”: “This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: “THE MARLEY WAS RIGHT””
},
{
“text”: “This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: “I… I just put a muffler onto a… nail gun.””
},
{
“text”: “This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: “Squeeze some ammonia into zombie flesh and hold it tight. You smell like one of them! I think.””
},
{
“text”: “This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: “I thought my one-year-to-death cancer was bad enough… now the dead are rising?!””
},
{
“text”: “This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: “THE GOO IS IN THE WATER DON’T DRINK WATER””
},
{
“text”: “This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: “What’s with these pits… with, like, sli””
},
{
“text”: “This is a hastily scrawled-on note. It reads: “Everyone used their gas to get to another town… but it’s the same story everywhere.””
},
[/code][/quote]

Kilo, you should probably PR all that! The Wall Street one made me chuckle :stuck_out_tongue:

I would love to see some more lore, or at least flavor, tidbits here and there.

What dust said.

Thank you, a lot. Just been looking for validation to make all that stuff.