Create a LORE

Welcome to Create a LORE, where you make up crazy stories of everything in Cataclysm.

This thread is as I said before, is the place where you can put your lore of how things happen before the Cataclysm and afterwards. Also this thread could be a place of interest to put existing lore too (highly unlikely with a -2%).

Tell the tale of how and where the mysterious monster form other worlds have snuck in after or maybe even before the end. Explain why robots seem to infest the security force of the world, and why now they seem to want to uphold justice with extreme force (come on they only try to kill you). Make the story of how the deadly virus that prevents rest, got exposed to the world already on fire. Speak the truth of why the labs exist, what they did, and most importantly, where did it all go wrong. Send the lost word of the ancients through time and space to guide those who do not know, how to find the secretes of the forgotten. There are many stories to tell of the many strange things of this world and you must not just tell them but make them.

Now off to all of you to tell the mysterious and strange story of Cataclysm dark days ahead.

I have no idea if there is something like this one here somewhere, but eh why not and sorry if this is not allowed sorry.
(Now this thread will die a slow and painful death)

I assume DDA just adopts whales pretty badass lore

I remember finding some sort of pre-written backstory, something to do with green goo infecting the water supply and nations nuking eachother. In a way i prefer this game not to have a backstory, it lets the player make his own opinions. The game at least to me is focused entirely on the present, seeing that there is no real past and the future is much much too unpredictable.

Actually whales had this huge incredible really detailed backstory in the olden days i don’t know what the link is for the thread on the old forms is

Here it is.

Well, here is how I think robots were created:

There once was a happy, and cool government called the Other United States of America (OUSA) and this government, to make everybody else happy and to cut some of its budget costs, decided to invest billions of dollars in Robotics and finally managed to get the technology to create an army of robot cops which finally allowed them to fire all human police officers.

Because they wanted the robots to be done A.S.A.P, they didn’t program the robots to understand what the word “arrest” means or how they have to arrest citizens. These robots… they just killed criminals. In order to fix this serious problem, they abolished the “Innocent Till Guilty” law and everybody become much more happier!

Of course, all happy things had to end and in this case, some random slimes crawled and died in the water supplies of various Other American cities. Then zombies. Really, just zombies. The robots were pretty sad and cried many fat tears of oil before swearing to kill the zombies in revenge, because they were programmed to do so. Along the way, in order to restore humanity, they also helped every human survivor they met by filling them with bullet holes.

Although for some strange reason, the robots weren’t successful in reviving the human civilization… I wonder why?

Guys we already got semi-official lore: http://www.cataclysmdda.com/smf/index.php?topic=339.0

More ideas are always welcome.

Something I noticed when reading the Whales thread (thanks for the link!):

Marloss berries, primarily found in fungal blooms, will ideally cause the player to lay fungus/slime deposits, and somehow spawn blobs. If blobs & fungus are competing evolutionary paths, they haven’t yet got it completely worked out. (I’d thought the fungus was blob-infested plants. ???)

Also this lore I was thinking about was to be more in depth, like who created the virus, why even anyone considered the robots a good idea, and things like that. Not something you could fully put in game but like a book that explains a mega ton of stuff in the game, so like one of those old manuals you would find in old game cases that explains the story/lore of the game for example wasteland.

[quote=“KA101, post:9, topic:687”]Something I noticed when reading the Whales thread (thanks for the link!):

Marloss berries, primarily found in fungal blooms, will ideally cause the player to lay fungus/slime deposits, and somehow spawn blobs. If blobs & fungus are competing evolutionary paths, they haven’t yet got it completely worked out. (I’d thought the fungus was blob-infested plants. ???)

The fungus is Cordyceps given the Blob treatment.

OK, that works (and is pretty much what I’d been thinking the answer was pre-Whales-link, to boot). Thanks much.