Etched Human Skull? Unmarked house?

So a few weeks back, in v0.9, I went out scouting on my motorcycle and found a house. Yeah, ho-hum I found a house, but the thing that got my attention was that the whole thing was boarded up and marked as forest on my map. After poking around a bit I found a basement with a peculiar layout filled to the brim with crates. As I explored I was attacked by a hoard of Dementia. After my katana was soaked with blood I continued. I found this weird little chapel with an Etched Human Skull. I cleared out the rest of the place and took the skull back to my base.

Yesterday I looked through my tiny pile of artifacts/weird mystery items and decided to figure out what they did. I figured out what every item did except for the Etched Human Skull. After I gave up, I looked on the wiki to see what it did. The entry was no help and I figured that, like most things on the wiki were, the entry was way out of date.

So, my question is, does anyone have a clue or a hint as to what this thing does? I have it sitting in my gas station, and if it’s going to grow legs and eat me in my sleep, I’d like to know before it happens.

Spooky Scary Skeletons

Really I think it is probably a quest item for NPC’s.

Similar to the Silver Artifact, that is just a crucifix.

It was part of one of Acidias missions to make Npc interaction more interesting and rewarding, unlucky Acidia left a good while ago and no one has had the time to continue developing them and they were left unfinished. A shame really, as I find them very enjoyable.

Huh… They should make it a mountable decorative item for vehicles.

Hrmm… how hard would it be to program these? I would give it a shot, release “Beta” versions as mods until they are “perfect”.

Hrmm… how hard would it be to program these? I would give it a shot, release “Beta” versions as mods until they are “perfect”.[/quote]

Quite, well at least the ultimate goals would be very hard. Let me see if I can dig the issue that had them

Found one, ill see if I find the the others later.

https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/issues/1607 (And thats what the Melchior is supposed to do)

Thanks for digging this up, John!

Sorry I’m reviving this thread, but I found this exact house but no stairs going to the basement. I tore it apart, partially literally, looking for stairs down to no avail! Is this supposed to happen?

Go outside…?

Are the stairs outside?

Maybe…?

Are you telling me to actually go outside?

YES GO OUTSIDE

[quote=“FunsizeNinja123, post:14, topic:4932”]YES GO OUTSIDE[/quote] I was shoveling snow off my fucking porch for two hours today, I’m good.

Alright.

lives in florida
no snow
mfw when people talk about snow
wtf is snow

Alright.

lives in florida
no snow
mfw when people talk about snow
wtf is snow[/quote]

It’s a semi-solid form of water that falls as precip, gets in the way, and slows things down. That’s when it’s not supersaturated, surprisingly massy, and turning the highway into a vehicle-sized Slip And Slide.

Half-decent building material provided you pack it solidly and ice it over.

Thank you Ka!

I do not, however, recommend building aircraft out of it.

I do not, however, recommend building aircraft out of it.[/quote]
You say that as if someone tried that.