The strangest fucking thing I've seen yet

Started a new game and looked at the map. Nearby was a tiny town. Three houses, three liquor stores, and a church. Odd, but okay. Went into the basement, grabbed a sewing kit, disassembled a blanket in the basement, made a shiv and started sewing together an outfit from the shelter’s curtains.

Went into town and while clearing it out I noticed something odd… The vehicles

Four police cars, Six Ambulances, two RVs, a punch-bug, and a pair of solar cars. As well a drivable wreck. (Between two police cars apparently)

I fortified the church and went to sleep. The next morning I began moving the town’s things to my church, while doing so I attracted the attention of a bear and retreated to my church. It proceeded to knock down the front door (as I was coming back with a gun.) The second it knocked down the door, it fucking booked it and got the hell out of there.

I get the feeling this town is not yet finished showing me weird shit…

EDIT: And now I’m sitting on 55 Gallons of assorted booze.

What about you? Has the RNG thrown weirder shit at you?

1 Like

I once broke through the wall of a lab because I heard something beyond it, and ended up in a massive cavern surrounding the lab, packed with zombie scientists and manhacks, with jacqueshammers and matchbooks lyying around, but not much else. Haven’t tried it since, so I’m not sure how common that is.

Aside from that, most other weird things I’ve found in game are probably just the results of bugs.

I grabbed the newest build earlier today (though they seem to pop up faster than I can download and check them out) … first character spawned next to a tiny-tiny town too. Three houses, a furniture store and two parks (across from each other). Weirdly, there were SO MANY adult zombies.
I remember quite a few vehicles too, seemed like too many for the town. I dunno’ if the apocalypse happened during one of those Labor-Day Mattress Sales at the store, or what. Ended up dying to the horde even after dragging half of them through one of TWO small minefields I found while scoping out the outskirts of town.

Oh, and the NPC when I spawned, after pestering him, gave me a steel plating. lol

I had a mi-go spontaneously jump from the back cabin of my semi once, I proceeded to duel it as my semi raced through the plains at speeds exceeding 120 km/h (no not really that cant happen, i was camping when it happened but it scared the hell out of me) .

No idea what happened as i hadn’t used a teleporter nor met a flaming eye in that playthrough.

I always encountered flaming eyes without noticing xD It was when I started having hallucinations then ran over the nearby flaming eye a couple of hours later I realized

Probably not the strangest thing, but the one that has stayed with me longest so far was finding a wolf suit in a lab.

You should make a sign out side of the town that says,“Welcome to Silent Hill”

SINKING Sunslammer II, my epic giant mobile base from the vehicle show and tell thread.

I sunk that in a 2 map tile wide river in the middle of a forest when I was drilling through the forest at night with broken headlights, searching for the Triffid grove that I was SURE was in that direction.

[quote=“dwarfkoala, post:8, topic:4213”]SINKING Sunslammer II, my epic giant mobile base from the vehicle show and tell thread.

I sunk that in a 2 map tile wide river in the middle of a forest when I was drilling through the forest at night with broken headlights, searching for the Triffid grove that I was SURE was in that direction.[/quote]

Congrats, you’ve now achieved another on the road to vehicle-glory. Bonus points if you got less than seven days of use out of the vehicle before losing it in a river.

It’s kind of weird that sunk vehicles just disappear. I tried sinking a car into a river as a mutant fishman, hoping I could use it as an underwater base. No dice, it just disappeared. I should probably make a suggestion for underwater construction sometime.

Water is about as buggy as stairs where back in the before .7 times.

[quote=“EkarusRyndren, post:1, topic:4213”]Started a new game and looked at the map. Nearby was a tiny town. Three houses, three liquor stores, and a church. Odd, but okay. Went into the basement, grabbed a sewing kit, disassembled a blanket in the basement, made a shiv and started sewing together an outfit from the shelter’s curtains.

Went into town and while clearing it out I noticed something odd… The vehicles

Four police cars, Six Ambulances, two RVs, a punch-bug, and a pair of solar cars. As well a drivable wreck. (Between two police cars apparently)

I fortified the church and went to sleep. The next morning I began moving the town’s things to my church, while doing so I attracted the attention of a bear and retreated to my church. It proceeded to knock down the front door (as I was coming back with a gun.) The second it knocked down the door, it fucking booked it and got the hell out of there.

I get the feeling this town is not yet finished showing me weird shit…

EDIT: And now I’m sitting on 55 Gallons of assorted booze.

What about you? Has the RNG thrown weirder shit at you?[/quote]Out of Silent Hill…

I’ve found a broken laptop next to a goo container and a corpse.

Someone had an awesome time.

The scariest thing was with the Whales’ Cata - and it’s a common sight too; it’s that I was so new to his game.
My char was nearing this town and I happened to press the key to look_around, seeing a few Zs leaning onto a wall. Bravely, he made a few steps towards this settlement, and then I decided to look_around some more. I saw more than 50 of them this time. I made another, single step, looking around one final time. I visually remembered some of the relevant points in the scenery and I was struck with an adrenaline rush when it was clear that ALL OF THEM moved in my direction for at least that one step.

On those strange things to our CataDDA, I saw a Wreckage that resembles a Smiley Face. :slight_smile:

The strangest thing I’ve seen so far, I’ve randomly mutated, and I do mean random.

I’m messing around in my base close to dark whipping up some of the new armor from the fabrication skill (which is totally awesome) and I see 2 new mutations. Ordinarily I would be non-plussed about this, but when I check the map I’ve explored, there’s nothing to suggest WHY this happened, no sewage, no toxic waist dumps, no nuclear coffins, succeeded on all my CBM installs, Hell, I haven’t even touched Mutagen, but they’re still there.

If you’re a crater explorer, you may have walked into an insanely radioactive crater and gotten some radiation.

Speaking of strange fucking things…

WHAT?!

YOU BURST BY PRESSING THE TRIGGER 3 TIMES WTF SWWU

There are actually many smaller barrels inside of the main barrel. 8)

Would definitely be the blank bodies I found clustered around the basement altar of a cathedral. Not even an artifact, just a regular religious token, screaming and screaming. No other enemies, just those three screamers. I killed them with fire and burned the token in their pyre.

I assume that it’s an encounter spawn artifact from Whale’s version. As much as I appreciate all the new devs you all should remember you’re standing on the shoulder of a giant.