Environmental armor package!

~MERGED~

Announcer: Sometimes the biggest danger isn’t monsters, it’s radiation; but does your hazmat suit provide sufficient protection from all the dangers out there?
Cut to Rivet, clad in a hazmat suit and gas mask, wandering around in a hazardous waste sacrcophagus.
Rivet: Gee, this hazmat suit protects me from radiation, but I sure hope there’s no monsters or evil robots in here - it doesn’t seem to be much in the way of armor.
Something huge and scary appears from the shadows and eats her.
Announcer: Wouldn’t you know it, sometimes the biggest danger is both! Don’t let this happen to you. Train up those skills and build yourself some advanced survivor gear to get the edge today!

All three are craftable items only.

AEP suit - The armored environmental protection suit is a hazmat suit crossed with body armor, because sometimes there’s more to fear than radiation alone. It protects from radiological hazards with the same efficacy as a vanilla hazmat while providing improved damage resistance and slightly increased storage.

survivor mask - The survivor mask is a custom armored gas mask. Less encumbrance and greater protection at the cost of some environmental resistance due to being so heavily modified.

survivor vest - The survivor vest is a custom-built carrying vest that’s built for comfort from the ground up. No special extras here, just pockets and a good carrying harness.

Git!

I thought having to decide between encumberence, protection, and environmental protection was a thing?

These kinda do it all.

Stalker suits.

Suits from stalker too.

RADIATION PROTECTION BECAUSE UKRAINE AND CHERNOBYL!

They’re supposed to be somewhat superior to their base components, since they’re customized gear made by skilled survivors. They never appear anywhere in the game, unless you make them yourself.

They generally provide less damage protection than pre-cataclysm manufactured armor, and usually require high skills and uncommon materials to produce.

The AEP is only slightly more encumbering than the hazmat, and weighs more. Its biggest tradeoff is the skill and materials required to produce it.

The survivor mask trades off some of its environmental protection and gains extra weight specifically to be extra comfortable and tough.

The survivor vest is basically a personalized chest rig that covers a little more of your skin.

I LIKE IT.

I’ll take twenty… Because I’m damn likely to lose most of em…

[quote=“An0n3, post:2, topic:3261”]I thought having to decide between encumberence, protection, and environmental protection was a thing?

These kinda do it all.[/quote]

For that you want power armor.

These are a compromise.

I AM GORDAON FREEMANZ!!!1!11!!1111

I AM GORDAON FREEMANZ!!!1!11!!1111[/quote]
We have the crowbar, the shotgun and the idea for the suit, now please, someone add hedcrabs.

You made the armored hazmat!! :smiley:

Is it still hazmat suit+ armor+ alcohol?

Just kidding

Hmmmm…

If I added this into my game, would I have to reset the current save file for it to register it as a new recipe?

[quote=“Iceblaster, post:10, topic:3261”]Hmmmm…

If I added this into my game, would I have to reset the current save file for it to register it as a new recipe?[/quote]

Save files should be compatible.

Just copy your save into the new version’s directory.

New recipes never break compatibility, but the last merge added lots of stuff. Everyone’s been doing their best to maintain save-file continuity, though.

[quote=“Rivet, post:11, topic:3261”][quote=“Iceblaster, post:10, topic:3261”]Hmmmm…

If I added this into my game, would I have to reset the current save file for it to register it as a new recipe?[/quote]

Save files should be compatible.

Just copy your save into the new version’s directory.

New recipes never break compatibility, but the last merge added lots of stuff. Everyone’s been doing their best to maintain save-file continuity, though.[/quote]
And as soon as I see this, I notice the ‘Merged’ thing at the top. Don’t mind me :stuck_out_tongue:

How about if, due to overall encumberance system, you made a versatile piece of clothing that’s made of both chitin and metal, with lots of carry capacity due to strapping (ok, you’ll need some nylon rope too) that encumbers you from head to heel and depends solely on the actual weight of the items you strapped, hooked, tied to, etc…? If you had more volume, however, it would add to your base protection rating when wearing this item?
A looter’s heaven, but a hoarder’s deathtrap? >:-D

[quote=“vultures, post:13, topic:3261”]How about if, due to overall encumberance system, you made a versatile piece of clothing that’s made of both chitin and metal, with lots of carry capacity due to strapping (ok, you’ll need some nylon rope too) that encumbers you from head to heel and depends solely on the actual weight of the items you strapped, hooked, tied to, etc…? If you had more volume, however, it would add to your base protection rating when wearing this item?
A looter’s heaven, but a hoarder’s deathtrap? >:-D[/quote]

Sounds like a cool idea!

[quote=“vultures, post:13, topic:3261”]How about if, due to overall encumberance system, you made a versatile piece of clothing that’s made of both chitin and metal, with lots of carry capacity due to strapping (ok, you’ll need some nylon rope too) that encumbers you from head to heel and depends solely on the actual weight of the items you strapped, hooked, tied to, etc…? If you had more volume, however, it would add to your base protection rating when wearing this item?
A looter’s heaven, but a hoarder’s deathtrap? >:-D[/quote]

That is a very cool idea, but for now the game doesn’t really have a system for such a thing, and I’m not nearly good enough at picking at the code to make it happen.

I’ll definitely keep it in mind for a later date, though, so thank you for the suggestion!

What the inventory system really needs is tracking, so that i can’t put a 10 Volume gallon jug into a 4 volume pants and a 6 volume jacket.

I was thinking if a grid like inventory management similar to games like ‘Help the Hero’ or ‘Resident Evil 4’ but that’d probably make unneeded complications.

Though the image is hillarious isn’t it?

I spend more time playing inventory Tetris in those games than I do playing those games.

…and I’ve played RE4 a LOT.