Electric grid

so the patch notes say that vehicles can now for the the basis for a power grid, I am curious though on what types of things can actually be powered with this, of course the electric forge can be hooked up but I am very curious what types of things you can power now. The wiki seems a little slim with details on what you can do.

I think most of the stuff you have in an RV (kitchen unit, mini fridge) as well as the welding rig and on board chemistry set. Basically all the “on board” stuff.

I hope this is eventually extended to other tools outside of vehicles.

You can power any vehicle stuff - vehicle welding rig, kitchen unit, FOODCO, vehicle chemistry set and vehicle electric forge.

You connect two (or more) vehicles with jumper cables and they share power. You can have one vehicle produce power and other one use it up. This could be useful in an underground base where you want to keep the gasoline engines from your crafting rig to prevent getting smoke in your face.
You can also start a battery-less (or power-less) car using power from another car.

Unfortunately you can’t have an aboveground solar panel array connected to underground crafting rig.

like a rechargeable battery mod?

like a rechargeable battery mod?[/quote]

Yes.

Like my idea?
http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=8418.0

How do the Rechargable battery mods work, anyway? The Wiki doesn’t seem to have an entry for this mod. I had a few in a previous journey, but had no luck getting them to work aside from locking it into my makeshift welder. How would I charge it up with the mod attacked?

If you have attached a rechargeable mod, you have to have the recharging station, which is a vehicle part. You install the station on a trunk and bam, you can charge your rechargeable stuff. IIRC, you can’t have more than one mod attached to a thing at a time. So double battery and rechargeable isn’t gonna work.

If you have attached a rechargeable mod, you have to have the recharging station, which is a vehicle part. You install the station on a trunk and bam, you can charge your rechargeable stuff. IIRC, you can’t have more than one mod attached to a thing at a time. So double battery and rechargeable isn’t gonna work.[/quote]

Cool, thank you. I’ll see about updating the Wiki once I find or make another one so I have the proper in-game description for it