Early game water boiling

[quote=“elauminx, post:15, topic:5762”]One word… Pottery!

water → river → clay → …,
eai[/quote]

_>

<_<

Steals idea

This is actually easy to implement with modding. Clay could be used for a number of items other than containers, I like. :3

Ah sarcasm, my old friend. Unnecessary.

Yes, some sorts of rocks could be chiseled away at to make a basic bowl to heat in - many could not due to weakness/sediment and the like. Similarly, most native americans/ancestors used stone boiling where they put heated stones into wooden bowls filled with water - this is a much more viable method and much easier to do.

More than anything though it trivializes an aspect of survival which is normally one of the most complicated parts of it.

[quote=“Chiko, post:21, topic:5762”][quote=“elauminx, post:15, topic:5762”]One word… Pottery!

eai[/quote]

_>

<_<

Steals idea

This is actually easy to implement with modding. Clay could be used for a number of items other than containers, I like. :3[/quote]

You, cheeky-sneaky bastard !-p
But if you DO get it into the mainline game you shall be absolved.

Pottery is a simple and obvious idea, with lots of potentials;
I’m surprised it hasn’t been mentioned before in the context of the stone cup silliness.

[me=elauminx]always RPed as if stone cup was actually “clay-like”,[/me]
eai

Finding a bowl is one of the most complicated parts of survival? If anything there should be all kinds of things you can use for water containers lying around.
Or did you mean water purification in general? In that case the problem isn’t access to bowls, it’s the one-size-fits-all clean water recipe. I’ve had more in-depth water contamination handling on the todo lis for over a year now, but it just hasn’t bubbled to the top of the priority list for anyone.

What if the character heats up pebbles and boils water with hot rocks?

Finding a bowl is one of the most complicated parts of survival? If anything there should be all kinds of things you can use for water containers lying around.
Or did you mean water purification in general? In that case the problem isn’t access to bowls, it’s the one-size-fits-all clean water recipe. I’ve had more in-depth water contamination handling on the todo lis for over a year now, but it just hasn’t bubbled to the top of the priority list for anyone.[/quote]

I meant water purification in general. Mainly this is because lighting fires that can boil water (and making sure you can mount things like a bowl over them) is (and should be) a lot easier to do than in real life, so I feel there needs to be some pay off, as at the moment water boiling (with three rocks) makes it trivial to the point where we may as well just make all water clean.

I do think creating hot rocks ( a key strategy in cold weather survival) ought to be doable.

[quote=“elauminx, post:23, topic:5762”][quote=“Chiko, post:21, topic:5762”][quote=“elauminx, post:15, topic:5762”]One word… Pottery!

eai[/quote]

_>

<_<

Steals idea

This is actually easy to implement with modding. Clay could be used for a number of items other than containers, I like. :3[/quote]

You, cheeky-sneaky bastard !-p
But if you DO get it into the mainline game you shall be absolved.

Pottery is a simple and obvious idea, with lots of potentials;
I’m surprised it hasn’t been mentioned before in the context of the stone cup silliness.

[me=elauminx]always RPed as if stone cup was actually “clay-like”,[/me]
eai[/quote]
The content is already modded. Lets hope someone gets interested and get it into the mainline. :3

Also I just googled rock pots. I would totally break lots of rocks trying to make one of those. Maybe it should spawn pebbles sometimes, depending on skill?

I like Goomba’s hot rocks idea.

Q.Q
I thought I made the idea :frowning:

Whoops I mean you, BOM9999.

Is blackopsman9999 Q.Q
Why do people hate me!
I mean understand hate for the name yeah, but seriously… not even typing out my 15 character name is saddening.
INADAQUETE I DEMAND VERBAL ABUSE TO MAKE MY SELF HAPPIER!

Well, I’d been thinking about suggesting it myself, honestly, just hadn’t gotten around to it. But, yeah. Heating up rocks and using them to warm an area should be something you can do. It’s very much something that is done in cold weather survival situations.

I like the leather pot and clay and warm rocks ideas.