Drinking from water faucets

so i got a 60L water tank in my deathmobile that’s gettting filled up with rainwater by 2 funnels
i installed a faucet but i still cant drink ? do i HAVE to have the kitchen unit ?

Nope! But you do need a clean water tank and clean water!

instal second 60L tank for clean water and use some sort of onboard purifier to make water into clean water

So we can’t drink unpurified water? I wonder why not.

You can, but the water faucet only pours clean water. To get the rain water (or whatever else) you need to 'e’xamine the vehicle and 's’iphon.

if you have stable source of power you should add vehicle part what allow purifing water (like purifier or kitchen buddy) it can instantly turn all your dirty water into clean water as long as you have space in clean water barrels

[quote=“Arek_PL, post:6, topic:12343”]if you have stable source of power you should add vehicle part what allow purifing water (like purifier or kitchen buddy) it can instantly turn all your dirty water into clean water as long as you have space in clean water barrels[/quote]How about continuously, over time, instead? Say… four times the rate of batchboiling 5 water.

If you have a dirty water tank, a clean water tank, and some way to clean/boil the water (kitchen unit for ex, unless you get lucky and find one foodco buddy might take longer to acquire), you’ll get prompted to fill the vehicle with the clean (super simple in more recent builds).

Personally I do batches of 20 and repeat (with ') a few times so set myself up for a while. The dirty water tank with 2 funnels fills fast (and/or you can siphon pools, ponds, rivers, etc).

Nah, i mean for the in-built filter/purifier component. The main difference from crafting is that it’s hands-free and occurs over time with the component toggled on on the power draw, so you can just let it process the 5 60L water tanks while you do other crafting.

I don’t see how that would be an improvement over the current system. If you have the battery charge, you just activate the purifier and it happens in an instant. If you have 5 x 60L water tanks and 5 x 60L clean water tanks (empty) it will be done instantly and take the same amount of time as purifying a plastic bottle of water. I think that it is literally 0 seconds, in game time. Your suggestion seems like one more element that the game has to keep track of, and for the competing resources of memory, it doesn’t seem worthwhile to me.

I don’t see how that would be an improvement over the current system. If you have the battery charge, you just activate the purifier and it happens in an instant. If you have 5 x 60L water tanks and 5 x 60L clean water tanks (empty) it will be done instantly and take the same amount of time as purifying a plastic bottle of water. I think that it is literally 0 seconds, in game time. Your suggestion seems like one more element that the game has to keep track of, and for the competing resources of memory, it doesn’t seem worthwhile to me.[/quote]Does it? I didn’t know purifier ran that quick.

I just did some testing. Purifying a steel jerrycan (80) took 6 seconds. Sorry, it was a little longer than I had said before. My mistake. =]

Batch syphon /fill vehicle of water /gas would be nice.

Batch boiling water as well.

You can, but the water faucet only pours clean water. To get the rain water (or whatever else) you need to 'e’xamine the vehicle and 's’iphon.[/quote]

the water faucet will provide dirty water for crafting but it won’t let you take a big ol swig of poopwater fortified with vitamin sediment

I just did some testing. Purifying a steel jerrycan (80) took 6 seconds. Sorry, it was a little longer than I had said before. My mistake. =][/quote]
try doing from tank to tank not in container