Draw Your Cataclysms

[quote=“John Candlebury, post:4418, topic:441”]Bwwn a while since I drew something about cataclysm that was not a survivor request.

Here’s my survivor on a apartment building balcony, its basically a remake of one of my first drawings.

[/quote]

I think its the partially sketched in supports, the (heavily) dimpled cloth roof, and the tilted angle. But every time I looked at this, I saw an escape pod that didn’t make sense, but was more awesome because of it. Clearly this means its an escape balcony, for emergency scenery watching and escaping purposes.

2 Likes

Work in progress. Motorcycle helmet plus turnout coat for my guy - pretty much invincible to zombie bites until the armor nerf. Now we shall see if we need kelvar, too!

1 Like

And completed:

“Learning in the New World”

3 Likes

Here are some cdda inspired sketches I did a while back. I plan on redrawing them digitally with color, but I may not get around to it.

1st image: I imagine this guy thinking “Another acid zombie? Now I have to drop this pack again…”
2nd image: This is what happens when you think you can run over that horde.
3rd image: And this is kind of what I imagine Rivtech power armor to look like, along with a Rivtech rifle.

2 Likes

Survivor / Tweaker / Broken Cyborg

5 Likes

Heeyyyy, nice to see you back!

whats that in her hand in the first one looks like a bottle…

I have the sudden urge to hug every broken cyborg I come across. Damn you, xotto.
Nice pics though.

Chain smoker / Hitchhiker / Lost submissive / Hobo / Shower victim

5 Likes

Now that is some quality artwork. I’m guessing that’s a Chesthole-style Jabberwock? Also, screw dermatiks (though preferably not literally).

Hey John,
I just wanted to say I like your art style. To me it seems like semi-realistic/cartoony.

Thanks Miloch! I’ll try to get back int drawing Cataclysm DDA soon.

Great work as always, Xotto! :slight_smile:

When suckers attach at inappropriate moment.

9 Likes

Insect mutant.

8 Likes

Very nice, both of them!

Figured it’s been too long since I last checked in.
What’ve they been doing while I was gone?

chillin in the link

Oh, looks like they’re just fine.

4 Likes

6 Likes

Very cool! The moose in the background makes this. :stuck_out_tongue:

Top sketch shows my all-human melee-master character punching-out a Zombear. Bottom one shows my Alpha-Prime mutant gunner testing a Pneumatic Assault Rifle in an undead shooting range.

And here’s my take on the Broken Cyborg (actually, I drew it years ago as a Brood Initiate from “Abomination: The Nemesis Project”, but that’s kinda how I imagine Broken Cyborgs in Cataclysm).

6 Likes

My current character. 2 weeks or so in, but well armored and fucking skilled in combat thanks to books and slashing zs medieval style. The Blackfinger incarnate.
I have like 15 cash cards in my inventory because I forget to fucking transfer them. His rifle (yeah it’s a mini 14, I edited it so it could have a folding stock like irl) and his shield.

1 Like