DooM

[quote=“RipRoarinBoogerPenis, post:39, topic:11486”]Looking great so far, keep it up!

Any chance of a chaff grenade or something that would throw off the cyber demons missile tracking?[/quote]
His missiles are a gun attack, so anything that stops attacking/shooting will work. Smoke. Most demons also breathe . . . so.

aye. Have you tried killing these yet?

.>

<.<

oh lord

New version of my PK mod that has this updated.

-the hell castle has buildings. A complex of stone hovels. A keep with a large throne room. a mustering grounds. A temple. and food processing.

-There are now 3 more furnitures, in addition to the stone slab that was already in. manacles, spikes, and mounted blades drop steel chains, spikes, and blades when smashed up

-New human and zombie enemies in the form of tortured bodies (twitching impaled body) and slaves/warrior classof humans. All melee, all weaker than their masters. And zombie slaves.

-I just found out how to specificly place monsters! O.O

I make mods and maps for the, er, actual Doom and Doom 2, any way I could help?

So a revenant just walked off a ledge. I was hoping their pathing would stop them but allow fliers to get out but they instead just pop right off.

umm well If you know how to make maptiles in cdda you could make one reminicent of an actual doom map. I really want a lab complex. It is a fair amount of work though. But even just the map itself would make things come together, since half the job is adding stuff to it.

"rows": [
                "nx##....+......         ",
                "..##n.n.+..... ###? ####",
                "p.##....#x.... #..# #.n#",
                "#?##....# .... #n.# #..#",
                "1..?.nnn# .... #### #?##",
                "#?##n...# .....         ",
                "..###Sn## .... ##?# ####",
                ".@#8####  .... #..# #..?",
                "@@#SS##   .... #n.# #n.#",
                "###       .... #### ####",
                "         L....L    .    ",
                "........................",
                "........................",
                "   Z1111Sn....cS1111J   ",
                "#==11...11vvvv|11..11==#",
                "...1...n1S    S1....o...",
                "...1.A./1c    S1..A.+...",
                "#0011..11|vvvv111..1100#",
                "   x1===SS    SS===1xx  ",
                "~~~~~~~~~      ~~~~~~~~~",
                "~~~~~~~~~      ~~~~~~~~~",
                "~~~~~~~~~1    1~~~~~~~~~",
                "~~~~~~~~~J    J~~~~~~~~~",
                "                        "
            ]

Even that takes up a lot of time lining it all up or making it all flow in a way that encourages combat. Or making it fit. 24x24 sounds big until you need to make it fit.

If you really got inspired, we can add multiple map tiles with the same name and assign weights to them, to allow the game to pick them. They would have to enter/exit from the same locations, but could otherwise be a variety.

But anything would help.

So Its basically a fortress, especially againts the ai.

You got really blown up there, son.

This is going to happen. Still gotta learn what makes armor armor, though, its not as cut and dry as stats for each attribuite.

Its hard being a newbie character fighting them. That was what I survived with traveling 3 tiles to my car and fleeing.

Armor values comes from the materials as well as the stats on the piece, iirc. Check the materials json in the main json directory for a the stats on each material type. It’s fairly easy to add your own custom material as well, if you really want it made of a high tech polymer. All I can recall off the top of my head is chip_resist affects the chance of the item being damaged, but I don’t remember if that works with all hits or just explosions.

Thanks!

I made ‘Poly Plastic’ for lack of a better name. I want it to be balanced. Since this is basic armor it is unrepairable and is supposed to protect you from enviornmental impacts as well as physical attacks.

The boots, winter arm sleeves, gloves, and leggings can be repaired, but not the helmet and chestpiece. They provide about as much physical protection as kevlar, are pretty encumbering, and have a small amount of storage to make up for it. They have pretty superior fire and acid protection though.

They spawn at the finale, and have a rare-ish chance to spawn throughout the dungeons. They can all be refitted, and indeed good luck trying to use the bulkier pieces without refitting them.

Download

So here is the update. This is a stand-alone mod from PKs Rebalancing Mod, and everything in this is in that mod, so if you will be using PKs Rebalancing Mod there is no reason to pick this up.

Trying to get medkits into the game and occupying a niche spot.

Ran into some lost souls the other day, they seemed teleport into my car as I tried to run them down and killed me almost instantly. This mod is crazy! My only thought is these guys should drop Arcana mod essence, if possible.

Tiny floating objects that move really fast and vehicles dont mix too well.

Lost souls will bounce off of your vheicle with almost no damage, however due to how vehicle damage works they will inflict enough damage to destroy weaker parts through military composite armor.

Meanwhile, they also can fly over walls to path to you/a sound, and additionally through vehicle gaps when you drive to attack you.
Their melee attack is strong, and their flame gouts cause enviornmental damage. They focus fire on what is typically the weakest body part (the least protected, which for me is often the head) and quickly overwhelm even what I would consider moderate armor in other situations.

All of the non-human Doom monsters can destroy a newbie survivor of mine in 3-5 turns of combat if I let them. Though after 10 or so days, when I have a gun and some skills its a little easier to kill imps.

Lost souls additionally have high speed hitandrun tactics, and have a high dodge in addition. Shoot them, as even though they are ‘hardtoshoot’ they will die to even modest skills and a gun.

They illuminate the areas around them too, so at night its better to avoid them entirely if you arent specificlly picking a fight with them. Most of the doom monsters have night vision superior to zombies.

You can melee most of the doom monsters with enough skill, though. I took down a cyberdemon in melee with some stat buffing. That guy has an attack of 5D20.

5D20 is well above the closest competing attacker, the zombie tank of mine. over 2x, iirc.

Correction: here are his stats

"speed":100,
"melee_skill":10,
"melee_dice":4,
"melee_dice_sides":20,
"melee_cut":20,
"dodge":1,
"armor_bash":18,
"armor_cut":21,
"armor_stab":12,
"armor_acid":6,
"armor_fire":12,

That pretty beastly, if you dont know what that means. He does 24-100 damage per attack, mitigates 20 damage per bullet, is almost immune to acid and is highly resistant to fire, is as fast as you, and has enough melee skill to hit non-god chatacters regularly

So my efforts to create 1 item that both beserks you and heals you without adding a menu that pops up every turn has failed.

So beserker packs will now only provide beserkering.
I still will have medical packs, but I can rig up a non-refillable artifact that heals you and then turns into a plastic bag.

Thoughts?

Also, note that I can add a beserker pack that maybe has a lot of charges. Every turn it loses charges, but you could also use charges to heal up via activating it again.

Sorry for the no-posting.

I havent been working on this recently.

I kicked myself in the shins and finished up the ‘regen potion’ though.

So, in light of not being able to both ‘stim up’ you and heal you in the same token Ive added 2 items for the job.

-The Beserker pack will act like a stronger adrenaline shot. It will hopefully stim you up and last for a fair amount of time. Its aim is for melee combat, and I want to minimize the effect it has on ranged comabt by nerfing its effect on perception and dex. Though dex is totally a melee skill too. I want to add chances to hurt yourself using this too, but we’ll see.

-The regen tonic is something I think is a neat concept. Its a sealed vial that, when unsealed by the player, has to ‘ferment’. This takes like a half hour, after which it can be used to heal you for quite a bit of heal over time. However, it also rots if not used. so it requires foreplanning.

-The medikits will act as strong first aid kits. I plan to have them disassemble into a healing portion and a pkiller portion.

The most important parts of combat should be covered.

-A heal over time function
-A stimpack to increase combat.
-A painkiller to reduce the effects of pain on combat
-A stimulant to added a ‘stimulant’ effect, and possibly reducing hunger/thirst/sleep needs some
-Armor to protect the person - from the fire/plasma/lightning attacks as much as the phsical/eplosive attacks.
-Exotic weapons? Maybe. Most likely it would be demonic weapons.

What I want to do is to create an archdemon. A cube monster, immobile, that can spawn most of the hellspawns. Itd be the ‘Queen’ of the demons, whose destruction would reduce local populations.

And there are 3 other monsters I have not added from Doom 1/2. And a few from 3. I havent played anything after 3s expansion. Fraking grav guns man.

-Pain elementals. I could add them. maybe. But they are largely annoyances and lost souls are deadly enough. Maybe itd be a BD Pain Ele. Whose explosive death?

-Archviles. Honeslty Im not sure if the revive tag is what allows necroes to revive zombies. If it is we arent adding that. I could add a few upgrades and make them like masters but with a napalm attack?

-Spider Mastermind. Just an amped up mechaspider, honestly. Ive turned arachnotrons into sniper-esque critters in the mod, shooting somehwat innacurate lazerbeams in burst at a long range.

:laugh:

^^ That is convenient.

This is a stamina vial. The replacement for the soul sphere/health vial that I dropped because of several reasons. Like it not rotting. And it technically being an artifact.

This buddy reduces your health but provides an extended period of increased stamina recovery. You can take several doses of it, but it tends to get unhealthier the more you do.

The beserker pack is also set. I figured out how to add healing, but no. It ‘hurts’ you for negative damage per turn, and at that point its kind of pointless.
The beserker pack grants maybe 5-8 minutes of decent combat potential, granting you a peak of 12 strength in the begining, though that quickly drops to a more reasonable 7. Still, those 10 or so turns will let you shred things up close, and I kept the perception bonus down some.
The BP is incredibly unhealthy for you though. Its trade off is that it crushes you health modifier (the thing that influences your health up or down), and it also can cause some heart problems over the short term, as well as an extended period of fatigue. Extended being relative the the duration of the bonuses, of course.

The medikit is a large medkit, adept at healing the body of physical damage and bleeding. It holds 3 charges for 2 volume, and heals a little more than regular first aid kits. It too is somewhat unhealthy though. Still, it takes less than a minute to apply 1 charge of the medikit, compared to over a minute (something lik 78 seconds) for th regular aidkit.

Now, I dont have a dedicated doom themed painkiller really, although the medkit and beserker pack provides some pain relief. This is more because I dont have a good idea, but also there are ample versions of painkillers in the base game. I sprinkled some caffeine and some painkillers and such into the medkit spawn lists.

Also, what if I added marine NPCs to the game? IDK how well they could survive, or what I can do, but I know you can assign NPCs to a certain itemlist for their own spawns based on their 'class’or ‘job’.

Ive updated PKs Rebalancing Mod, and with it I have:

-seperated the itemlists/spawnlists so tht I can split the mods
-sprinkled doom items (armor and medical items) into the core game itemlists. They are rare to infrequent spawns, but Ive seen them often enough to approve in testing
-added a ‘bomblet’ ammo type and some grenade lauchers to shoot them. So far I have 2 homemade versions that cant be made (yet), a professional greade launcher that can be mounted, and an underbarrel modification for guns

The bomblets are capable of taking on doommod critters, so it might be worth it to try. Besides that I tweak more critter stuff.

The finale stuff has been upgraded, and as I broach closer to adding some doom weapons there will be more varied spawns. Somebody should tell me their experiences wrt difficulty and item spawning/rarity.