Dogs hitting my eyes *_*

Im the only one that noticed how dangerous dogs have become? When they hit your eyes/mouth, you recive massive amounts of damage. That, plus their high speed, make them a real threat. Saw earlier a post about turrets headshooting with insane criticals, and how the multiplier was applied before the armor reduction. Maybe is happening something similar? It has sense when dogs can chew half my healthbar in one attack turn… when I am wearing a motorcycle helmet.

Noticed this with zombie dogs, skeletal ones and wolfs. I hate them now.

^^ see you around guys, I post very little, but I read almost everything in the forums.

The dogs blow in general. Turrets head-shotting frequently makes some sense in that their robits with special targeting crap but dogs are in my opinion rather OP.

Hate the zombie dogs. Wish they were removed. In classic and non-classic. Awful idea, shame to who created such an over-powered antagonist. Cthulhu ain’t got shit on them. Sanity check? No such thing. Dogs just go for the eyes and you’re done.

I don’t know if it’s possible, but making dogs/wolves not able to go for your eyes/head would make a lot of sense.

I agree they need to be toned down, but (in classic certainly, in main sort of) they’re the only enemy that can catch up to you which I think is definitely needed.

[quote=“Binky, post:4, topic:4678”]I don’t know if it’s possible, but making dogs/wolves not able to go for your eyes/head would make a lot of sense.

I agree they need to be toned down, but (in classic certainly, in main sort of) they’re the only enemy that can catch up to you which I think is definitely needed.[/quote]

I agree. Correct me if I’m wrong but the “Fast” enemies usually can’t take a hit and/or can’t deal out massive damage. Currently there’s two types that can take /all your bullets/ and keep coming, and all three do massive damage.

Not 100% positive on it’s possible to make dogs do the same thing rats and such do with targeting (Can’t hit the location until downed)

I really have to agree that zombie dogs are shit. I’ve cleared entire towns using nothing but rocks and bushes, but I can rarely fight a single zombie dog.

zombie dogs? compared to wolves, they are like school bullies compared to professional soldiers. I’ve neer seen such sheer perversity and malevolence in any other DDA creature (well maybe except for their cousins, the coyotes). You devs, how did you code them to attack ONLY when there are no bushes/obstacles around? I’ve had them following me around for hours before making their move :slight_smile:

This is a problem within itself, but I do have to agree that they’re a bit OP at the moment - I’d still like them to be a bit of a challenge though. In most Zombie games (well Resi Evil) they’re a bit of an ‘oh shit’ moment, which I think is good.

Other things are attacking like moose and such are attacking my face and eyes purely.

Because they are much, much larger than you.

Dogs are… shall we say short? But they jump high as hell and claw your face and chest. I think dogs should just do damage to your legs, chest and maybe arms. Head only on crits, you know.

I suspect its an all or nothing deal involving head attacks, and they sure as shit Can jump. If the crit multiplyer thing is happening though, that does need to be resolved (I agree).

I’m sure some dogs can jump and get your eyes/head, but zombie dog is everything including small dogs as well and so I think we can round it down to a ‘medium dog’ which probably couldn’t reach your head, especially if you’re acting defensively. I think a no head-shots rule is fine for them, and would definitely allow them to be dangerous without being overpowered

Actually the goop requires a minimum body size to activate- dogs and children (children old enough to be wearing bras) are the smallest critters to be zombified. So really, it’s only medium to big dogs that are getting slobberier than usual.

Suspicions about dog size are correct, there used to be a limit on which targets small monsters could attack, but it got disabled with the creature rework and hasn’t been re-added yet.

Ok now I’m mad I was hit in the eyes with every attack from a lone wolf that then killed me. It attacked about 10 times each and every one hit my eyes reblinding me. Something is seriously wrong because a moose did the same thing as did a fricken fox.

Ok Swwu found the problem wolfs have 14 melee skill. Since the change all the stats are fucked up so he is changing them all.

Yeah. Nerf wolves, dogs, all the canine bullshit. It’s too overpowered.

i’ve killed a zombie dog with a pocket knife while taking only minor scratches, no clue what you are all talking about.

First off are you playing experimental if not then it doesnt apply to you. Two do you have high dodge. Three we are talking about wolfs and dogs not zombie ones.

Oh Jesus Christ Nick your grammar…

And this could be applied to zombie dogs. I’ve had them hit my head/eyes too.