Dogs/rats are no ninjas

So I’ve been playing CDDA for a while now and I remember zombie dogs having a higher dodging skill than fucking neo but I thought this was sorted out long ago. On 0.A at least I had no real problem with them but now with the 0.B release ( strangely I had no problems with the experimentals) dogs just are unhittable. This is now my eighth survivor dying on day 1 due to dogs (and sewer rats). I don’t even knoe what to say. I trapped one in a window frame and hold down the direction key in the dog’s direction and can see like a progress bar how my health decreases. When my tosro was at : health, I dared to look at the zombie dog:“It is uninjured” - yeah right… Same goes for rats. I can’t squish a sewer rat? Same procedure: hold down in rat’s direction: See how my leg gets eaten. Not a single hit. I feel betrayed especially because i know this game and i just can’t remember being it like this (except from the earliest times). Wheres even the logic behind that? A full grown man, healthy and well rested with a pipe in his hand can’t even HIT a dog? That’s just redicoulos. And the 2 torso encumbrance shouldn’t be the nail in the coffin. I can still hit a dog if I’m wearing a tshirt, hoodie and a backpack. Sorry for ranting like this but i refuse to believe how a full grown human with a pipe or 2by4 gets helplesslcy slaughtered by a rat or zombie dog. 2 zombie dogs or swarm of rats? Granted. But one lil puppy not. Especially not when the survivor is in good condition.

mhm yep

OP is logical and I approve. Dogs and rats need to stop being so deadly.

That said, I don’t think they should become windshield kills. Zombie dogs should probably be able to get one or two good hits on you before you bash/hack/stab them to death.

hm i didn t realy run into this problem strange. even my day 1 survivor could take on a dog although not uninjured if i did fight fair… 10 dex did you go with less and that migth be the reason? dunno .

If a zombie dog is Neo, then what the fuck is a kreck?

2 dex is worth about 1 melee skill for the purposes of accuracy.
It’s probably more about weapon choice and torso encumbrance. Weak survivors fighting tiny stuff should grab the highest to-hit bonus around, even if it doesn’t hit hard.

They are like 4 Neos. Smashed into a doglike form. Seriously.

To kill them I try to headshot them a lot with rocks while they come for me. But that is just nonsensical… Throwing is like guided by the gods, never missing, and melee is all miss with this creatures. I think I went off topic but it bugs me?

[quote=“StopSignal, post:7, topic:7987”]They are like 4 Neos. Smashed into a doglike form. Seriously.

To kill them I try to headshot them a lot with rocks while they come for me. But that is just nonsensical… Throwing is like guided by the gods, never missing, and melee is all miss with this creatures. I think I went off topic but it bugs me?[/quote]

yeah nerf throwing hit chance plox.

especialy vs smal targets.

Is it still the case? Aiming system got changed recently.

Is it still the case? Aiming system got changed recently.[/quote]

Aiming isn t implemented for throwing afaik… though i haven t tried hitting anything with a new survivor just after it got added… the newest survivor threw everything to death she met and when the pr for this landed she was at throwing 13… ofc i wouldn t miss i guess xD.
Should run a test with a newbie

The general response to this is that smaller targets are tougher to hit. (This should apply to you when facing hulks, too. Results have been mixed.)

Ugh. Yeah i know. Im sorry for the rant. I think it was because i was used to my uber god chracters with tons of mutations and biocnics and enough weaponry to arm every man and child in asia. I always start from scratch with every new stable and i guess that i just need to get used to some new mechanics especially armor nerf. But still, im really afraid of running into a zombie dog/manhack or rat with my new survivor that is finally getting somewhere.

Keep in mind that now the basic survivor starts with a heavy winter coat, which is like 3 ENC for the torso. That right there is going to have a sizeable effect on the ability to hit smaller creatures. (Though you are correct, this does probably need to be changed somewhat).

What the hell people, I made a survivor with effective stats of 9, 9, 5, 9 and 0 skill, and took out a dog in 4 swings with a baseball bat.
Maybe that’s a little tough to get at first, but I switched to a cudgel and had a hit rate of 8/13.

1. make sure you have no encumbrance.
  2. wield the highest to-hit bonus weapon you can find that’s not cripplingly slow.

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:14, topic:7987”]What the hell people, I made a survivor with effective stats of 9, 9, 5, 9 and 0 skill, and took out a dog in 4 swings with a baseball bat.
Maybe that’s a little tough to get at first, but I switched to a cudgel and had a hit rate of 8/13.

1. make sure you have no encumbrance.
  2. wield the highest to-hit bonus weapon you can find that’s not cripplingly slow.[/quote]

That’s what I say…

reads topic name

Master Splinter would like a word with you.