Do Underbarrel Flashlights Exist?

There’s my question. I’d like if someone could answer.

After some searching in the “Wish for an item” option in the debug menu, I have found that the answer is no.

Darn. There should be, I mean they’re one of the most common under-barrel attachments.

I’d go for that.

Would be a nice attachement to a pistol, rifle, shotty or even a spear.

So yeah. All my Want.

OP is livin’ up to his username!

I imagine that he would take a lightsaber and attach a flashlight to it, AFTER turning the lightsaber into a flashlight itself! :smiley:

Damn, Their on to Me! Sprints in the Opposite direction ZOMBIE HULK! The Prototype isn’t ready, No stay back! I’m Warning You! AHH!Horrible Crushing Noises and Agonized Screams are Heard OK guys I still have 3 hit points, Just get me som- A Shocker, I hate Life.

stands and watches from a distance What a bad way to go… Is this shocker wielding a flashlight and beating him to death with it?! O.o Karma you scary!

Crawls off painfullyNo It’s not a Shocker, Just my cousin, It’s what happens when you binge on Slime Mutagen, Meth, And CBMs.

Everyone knows that Heroin and Beast Mutagen is far healthier.

Will this become a thing?

What would be the advantage of underbarrel flashlights over wearable flashlights? Reduced aiming time?

The first time i read his username i thought it could totally be characterized. But when i started to see topics about flashlights, i knew it was too late. Hahahah, this is awesome.

Yeah Probably and you wouldn’t have to worry about the 2 Storage Space, And you’d get a medium damage bludgeon attack.

What’s awesome?

A mounted flashlight is INSANELY bright. Like, a lot of soldiers have a nickname for them along the lines of “Sun-on-a-stick”, so I reckon if you swept a person or animal with it at relatively close range you’d be able to daze them, make their next action take longer.
Apart from that, aiming is kind of faster, like you can snap on to a target faster, but anything other than a snapshot isn’t really affected.

The key use of underbarrel/heavy duty lights, being able to see shit in the dark without having to put away your weapon doesn’t really matter in cata right now, because you don’t need to wield a flashlight to have it provide light.

Yeah but it’s still one of the Most Common gun mods in Real Life and Cataclysm dda prides itself on having a redundant level of Rare items.

Indeed it is, indeed it does, and indeed it should be in. I’m on the side of a possibly major change here; Dramatically decreasing/eliminating the illumination range of a flashlight unless wielded/worn, because hell yeah I want a sun on a stick for my M27.

I Agree!

That should probably change, actually. Maybe Cataclysm should have two wield slots, like Project Zomboid? That would also allow the inclusion of a zero-point “Left-Handed” and non-zero-point “Ambidextrous” trait.

That should probably change, actually. Maybe Cataclysm should have two wield slots, like Project Zomboid? That would also allow the inclusion of a zero-point “Left-Handed” and non-zero-point “Ambidextrous” trait.[/quote]

This makes sense, But it’s kind of hard to dual wield an M27 and a flashlight.