Do Underbarrel Flashlights Exist?

[quote=“Flashlight Hoarder, post:20, topic:8732”]-snip-
This makes sense, But it’s kind of hard to dual wield an M27 and a flashlight.[/quote]
Some items or weapons would require you to hold them in two hands then.

[quote=“Rhodri, post:21, topic:8732”][quote=“Flashlight Hoarder, post:20, topic:8732”]-snip-
This makes sense, But it’s kind of hard to dual wield an M27 and a flashlight.[/quote]
Some items or weapons would require you to hold them in two hands then.[/quote]

Which is the appeal of an Underbarrel Flashlight, You don’t need to sheath your weapon to turn on a flashlight.

[quote=“Flashlight Hoarder, post:22, topic:8732”][quote=“Rhodri, post:21, topic:8732”][quote=“Flashlight Hoarder, post:20, topic:8732”]-snip-
Some items or weapons would require you to hold them in two hands then.[/quote]

Which is the appeal of an Underbarrel Flashlight, You don’t need to sheath your weapon to turn on a flashlight.[/quote]

Wielding Two Uzis with underbarrel flashlights attached and both on :stuck_out_tongue:

Let’s go a step further. We need flashlight launchers with underbarrel flashlights, rail flashlights, flashlight grip, and flashlight sights. And the flashlight launcher also functions as a flashlight.

don’t forget to give all of them atomic battery mods

don’t forget to give all of them atomic battery mods[/quote]
And dual wielding.

However, I remember from a topic way back that the devs decided not to include dual wielding because of some kind of complication. Correct me if I’m wrong, that’s from the top of my head.

[quote=“Hibou, post:26, topic:8732”][snip]

However, I remember from a topic way back that the devs decided not to include dual wielding because of some kind of complication. Correct me if I’m wrong, that’s from the top of my head.[/quote]
I don’t know what the devs have said, but I’ve dual-wielded 9-mm pistols before (I have gun-nut friends). As much as I love Left 4 Dead, it’s basically a complete waste of bullets to attempt to fire two guns at once. If players want to have a gun in each hand, a “fight with off-hand weapon” option in the Fighting Style menu would be the sensible choice.

I don’t know what the devs have said, but I’ve dual-wielded 9-mm pistols before (I have gun-nut friends). As much as I love Left 4 Dead, it’s basically a complete waste of bullets to attempt to fire two guns at once. If players want to have a gun in each hand, a “fight with off-hand weapon” option in the Fighting Style menu would be the sensible choice.
[/quote]
Two weapons are useless to use in both hands. Unless you are ambidextrous.

Only if they’re two equal weapons. Rapier + dagger, as demonstrated by Rookie’s pic, doesn’t require ambidexterity.

AFAIK, trained spec ops who have to use two pistols aim down the sights of one and provide suppressive fire in the same general direction with the other.

I’m back from my long journey to the search bar, and this was discussed at length in a previous thread. The consensus appeared to be that dual wielding COULD work with melee weapons, like a dagger and a sword, but with firearms it’s just silly. However, wielding something in your off-hand, to be used on its own, is more feasible and seemed to be supported by the devs.

Actually, dual-wielding pistols or small SMGs would work just fine–better than dual-wielding melee weapons, that’s for sure. Unless this is a code thing, in which case pretend I kept my stupid mouth shut.

If by dual-wielding, you mean aim one, shoot, aim the other, shoot, then sure. However, sustained fire with both hands results in remarkably reduced accuracy.

And I just had a Seizure!

Only if they’re two equal weapons. Rapier + dagger, as demonstrated by Rookie’s pic, doesn’t require ambidexterity.[/quote]
So: on-hand weapon acts as a one-handed weapon, off-hand weapon procs some special abilities (Block, Parry, Quick Strike) but otherwise does nothing?

AFAIK, trained spec ops who have to use two pistols aim down the sights of one and provide suppressive fire in the same general direction with the other.[/quote]
Interesting! That could be another Fighting Style option, I think - although I don’t believe suppressive fire has any game effect so far.

Zombies don’t react to being shot much, so it’d be a waste of bullets.

Why don t tankbots have flashlights?

Actually, suppressive fire has one hell of an effect, shoot a mob of zombies and it doesn’t matter if you miss, you’re cutting something down.

OP took them all…

Actually, suppressive fire has one hell of an effect, shoot a mob of zombies and it doesn't matter if you miss, you're cutting something down.

I agree, But I prefer good ol’ fashioned rock throwing+Ma Trusty Broadsword.

OP took them all…[/quote]

You Saw Nothing…