Disinfectant not cleaning wound?

As of Windows SDL experimental 0.7.1-1778-g3654990

Can not use bottles of disinfectant to clean infected wounds. Not sure if it’s just a mishap this time around but the bottle I just picked up will let me use it but will not let me use it to get rid of an infection.

Disinfectant is only good for the initial injury. Once you wiat long enough for it to progress from bite wound to infection it can no longer be used to treat it.

Once it hits infection status you have about 24 hours to get some heavy doses of antibiotics or you’ll die from it.

[quote=“Rivet, post:2, topic:3051”]Disinfectant is only good for the initial injury. Once you wiat long enough for it to progress from bite wound to infection it can no longer be used to treat it.

Once it hits infection status you have about 24 hours to get some heavy doses of antibiotics or you’ll die from it.[/quote]

That’s why I was confused, I used to use it to clean bite wounds so guess I got them mixed up. For some reason since disinfectant destroys microorganisms I figured it might be able to clean it for some reason haha…apparently not.

Yeah, I been frantically looking house to house since I play with size 6 cities, have not seen a pharmacy anywhere either or doctors office so I will soon be screwed I guess. Too bad you cant cut off your limbs unfortunately or something.

As Rivet mentioned, disinfectant is only good when it is still a “Bite Wound”, since at that stage the infection hasn’t spread. By the time you reach “Infection” the infection has begun to spread throughout your bloodstream, necessitating more powerful medicines.

Currently the bite wound status is system; it’s not really considered to apply to any particular location on the body.

However there is a PR in the queue that will provide a system whereby diseases (the game’s unpleasant-sounding catch-all term for temporary status effecting conditions such as bite wounds, the common cold, and being drunk) can be applied to specific areas of the body. This will allow for bite wounds being tracked on specific locations and open up the possibility of desperate self-amputation of afflicted limbs.

Currently the bite wound status is system; it’s not really considered to apply to any particular location on the body.

However there is a PR in the queue that will provide a system whereby diseases (the game’s unpleasant-sounding catch-all term for temporary status effecting conditions such as bite wounds, the common cold, and being drunk) can be applied to specific areas of the body. This will allow for bite wounds being tracked on specific locations and open up the possibility of desperate self-amputation of afflicted limbs.[/quote]

Well that would be good and something to look forward to. I know there are splints and stuff you can make but I only broke/disabled/lost a leg once by stepping on landmine once. Was not sure if those worked then but this was a bit ago and I was not sure if they were fixable then, still not sure since I never had that happen for awhile. I eventually died from not finding any antibiotics unfortunately but it happens though, what I get for taking risks sometimes.

Just FYI since it’s not obvious unless you either explore a lot or reveal a chunk of map somehow.
Larger cities tend to have a cluster of shops in the middle and a wide border of houses around that. It happens with smaller towns too, but with big cities we’re taling about several blocks of houses before you get to the shops, and meanwhile the density of zombies keeps climbing…

Just FYI since it’s not obvious unless you either explore a lot or reveal a chunk of map somehow.
Larger cities tend to have a cluster of shops in the middle and a wide border of houses around that. It happens with smaller towns too, but with big cities we’re taling about several blocks of houses before you get to the shops, and meanwhile the density of zombies keeps climbing…[/quote]

Yeah that makes sense, kind of was wondering why there were so many houses in some cities. Usually I get lucky and find some odd shops here and there on the outskirts if I get lucky haha. Well least I know that now, thanks for that information :slight_smile: