Dirty Hacks Pack. Edition #5

Alright, thanks, got it. You still have link to the outdated tiles .exe in your installation instructions (where I got the outdated one from).

I’ll test out depression and hardmod on this one and let you know how it goes. Loving everything about it so far except depression didn’t work properly with the old exe.

Ouch. I forgot about old link.

Okay, had some good playing now. I really really love the changes you’ve made. I love idea of depression but I think depression is a bit too harsh now, it’s really difficult to keep it up unless you get mp3 player. Right now keeping morale up feels like even more urgent job than finding food and water.

When you bring it in so pain, hunger, thirst all decrease morale too, I hope you will slow depression gain by maybe twice as slower but let player recover just as fast (otherwise we need constant books/music/drugs just to keep from steadily turning suicidal). Apart from that I really love all these changes.

I want to ask though, how much is a Head of zombies? I got hit with horde that said “1 heads of zombies” and there were many many dozens of them.

Okay, had some good playing now. I really really love the changes you've made. I love idea of depression but I think depression is a bit too harsh now, it's really difficult to keep it up unless you get mp3 player. Right now keeping morale up feels like even more urgent job than finding food and water.
I think about it. Maybe add some morale on hour-two if player gain skill level (make good item/sleep good beg like dwarf :) ) or some think like it.
player recover just as fast
But it is more simply way. I plan add description of depression state, but i need help with text.
I want to ask though, how much is a Head of zombies? I got hit with horde that said "1 heads of zombies" and there were many many dozens of them.
Horde on horde. I take brutal death now. I have 3 horde with 1-3 zombie + 2 horde with 150-200 zombie on one place. Also there is a bug: horde radius grows if zombies despawns. I fix it, but not compile new build. I think i can fix this bug too.

Okay, I think depression still doesn’t work properly with newest .exe. All I can do is slow down depression gain but I can’t stop it, I just get gradually more depressed as game continues.

Example I have -25 depression when I go to bed at night. Next day I spend entire day in bed doing nothing but eating snack candies, drinking tequila and reading erotic novel and playboys. Morale is around +50 or more for entire day. I go to sleep and wake up in morning. There is no depression bonus immediately so I have breakfast and wait 5 minutes for it to appear. It’s comes back at -25 still.

I’m not sure if bug or if depression is just too strong to fight against without constant mp3 player.

It strange, because i play and all ok. I output depression value in next build for debug.

http://www.filedropper.com/cataclysm-tiles_5
Debug build. See depression variation config/debug.log

Thanks a lot, I think I see problem now. I was gaining much depression over night because it got cold after I go to bed then warm up before I wake. With blanket it’s no longer problem.

Sorry for false bug reports.

Can you show me debug.log with comments about game time?

u.depr_morale += (u.avg_morale > 0 ) ? (u.avg_morale / 7) + 1:
                                             u.has_disease("sleep") ? 0 :
                                             (u.avg_morale / 10) - 2 ;

If player sleeps depression can’t increase anyway. But in other side why not?

Sorry, I can’t find any of the debug logs from that long ago, been playing a lot of cata. But it all seems to work really good now and depression isn’t changing during sleep anymore. I’m loving depression now that I can see the Good/Sad/Gloom status, it seems very balanced. Can’t wait for hunger/thirst/pain to affect it too.

I found a duping bug though ; when you nest items in a storage and try to take them out, if your volume is full it asks “Drop Item Y/N” and if you say Y then it drops the item but keeps a copy inside your storage.

I found a duping bug though ; when you nest items in a storage and try to take them out, if your volume is full it asks "Drop Item Y/N" and if you say Y then it drops the item but keeps a copy inside your storage.
Yes i know this bug. It should be fixed here: http://www.filedropper.com/cataclysm-tiles_5

I find another bug on nested inventory, if top item is a comestible then it will eat/smoke/snort that item when you activate inventory item and not give options to insert/remove item. Now I can’t get to my first-aid kits from my medical pouch until I snort all my crystal meth first, lol.

I don’t know how to fix it. You can unload items, and put any non-consume item first.

Hm. I appear to have difficulty loading tilesets. Does this mod cause incompatibilities with the regular tile configs or something?
I was trying to use HRose’s 20x20 and it said it couldn’t load the tils_config.json.

[quote=“Nighthawk, post:54, topic:6949”]Hm. I appear to have difficulty loading tilesets. Does this mod cause incompatibilities with the regular tile configs or something?
I was trying to use HRose’s 20x20 and it said it couldn’t load the tils_config.json.[/quote]

Tils_config.json is a typo, should be tile_config.

[quote=“Zireael, post:55, topic:6949”][quote=“Nighthawk, post:54, topic:6949”]Hm. I appear to have difficulty loading tilesets. Does this mod cause incompatibilities with the regular tile configs or something?
I was trying to use HRose’s 20x20 and it said it couldn’t load the tils_config.json.[/quote]

Tils_config.json is a typo, should be tile_config.[/quote]Sadly that was my own typo while posting, not a typo in the file. The file is indeed called tile_config.json. :frowning:
EDIT - Still not fixed. Apparently all tilesets are broken in a similar way…